Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from Corel Draw 8?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Graphic Language, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Graphic Language

Graphic Language Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Just wondering if it's worth it to get an upgrade from ver 8 to a newer version. For those of you that have used Corel Draw 8 and are now on ver 12, let me know if it was worth the move.

Thanks, Bryce

Tags:
  2. Grady

Grady Member

Jan 14, 2005
    I have versions 8, 10, 11, 12 and always seem to fall back on 8 as it seems to be the most stable and reliable of the programs.

3. Graphic Language

Graphic Language Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks.. So I'm not missing out on some new super-duper feature or anything by not upgrading? If not, I guess I'll just stick to what I've got.

Bryce

4. theroq

theroq Member

Sep 28, 2004
    I have 8, 9 & 12... I like 12 the most now... even though some stuff is easier to design in 9.
    12 just looks cool, takes time to learn some of the short cuts...

5. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Member

Dec 27, 2004
    I have used 8, 9, and now have 12...

I prefer 12. The thing I like the most is the improved snap-to-objects features. If you find yourself doing a lot of node-editing, the improved snap-to-objects features can take some of the effort out of that. In which case, you might consider the upgrade...but be careful, because it will need a lot of RAM, harddisk space, and a good processor speed...if your computer is more than a year old...you might better stay with 8.

If you don't find yourself doing much node editing anyways...probably no need to upgrade (unless you do a lot of design for professional print jobs...in which case it might be good to stay current with software).

My main concern would be could your computer handle it, really. If your computer was made close to the time v.8 came out, probably not.

Just my 2 cents.

--William