Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to Flexi Cloud?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Jesse_gvi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Is there a real reason not to upgrade to Flexi Cloud?

Anybody happy with it and think it's worth it? ("It" being the hassle of upgrading, not the price of zero dollars)

Tags:
  2. Richard G

Richard G Member

what version of Flexi are you on now. one of the reasons I upgraded is to stay away from the higher cost down the line to update later. I went from 8.6 to the cloud on 2 programs.

3. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit

4. CalamityJay

CalamityJay Member

Jul 13, 2012
    1907-1921 (service pack)

there was just an update so maybe their issues will be resolved with it. Right now, im happy with how it renders "some" artwork, but not happy with how they changed the opos marks for contour cutting.

they changed their website layout too which makes things very confusing.

5. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    So, no reason not to? Other than info which may or may not be logged somewhere when printing?

6. S11930

S11930 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    kensington, md
    10.5.1 i think its a free upgrade. if its free why not. nothing to lose. check other postings here i think it was mentioned by flexi

7. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Merchant Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    I have installed Flexi Cloud on several customer's systems and haven't had any real issues reported back to me. The free upgrade to cloud will be ending soon, even if you don't install it you should get your new license from the below link.

http://store.thinksai.com/upgrade420.asp?cmd=start

8. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Okay, I'll give it a spin.

9. LittleSnakey

LittleSnakey Member

Jan 12, 2008
    I am having some problems with the production manager,

1. It cannot print my files that use a repeating bitmap tile made into a pattern fill. I reported this when I first upgraded to 10 and they told me they new it was a problem.

2. Randomly after setting 1" indent for both x and y axis after hitting send to production manager it gets moved over so far that the print gets cut off then when I send the cut file to the summa the cut file is correct so once it finds the marks it cuts off.

3. The new opus marks are no longer at the same distance between, this causes a problem when doing large quantities and you run out of material or something else happens in the middle of the print. Before you could just adjust the quantity and send a new cut file saving some material. Now it seems to divide the total length of the print making the opus marks at different distances for different quantities.

4. The cloud interface seems to slow transfer between production manager and ripping seems much slower.

I tried it for 2 weeks now back to 8.6 and now alot files need to be converted back to open them.