• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrade to new software

hbac

Ok - Here goes. My business is a unique business, we restore antiques. I have a Rolland Camm-1 plotter and Casmate Lite from 1997. We use the vinyl to restore the graphics on antique cash registers (the flags, wheels, etc). The program and plotter still work great, but the computer is slowly dying on us and we need to upgrade. I have been researching, but we are located in a very rural area, and it makes it difficult to see something "in person." Is there still programming like Casmate where I can upgrade my files to something newer, or am I going to have to scan everything into a new program? What does everyone recommend? I am not printing, just cutting vinyl, not a sign shop, but I do need a program with some creativity aspects to it to make some of the parts. Thanks for your help!

d fleming

Before your computer dies, export all your old files as ai files or something compatible so your not stuck with files only casmate can open.

Jackpine

If I export the files to ai, will I be able to open them in Corel Draw, for example?
I would export them as eps. You will be able to import them into Corel. If you have Adobe Illustrator then use ai. If your design program exports cdr then use that filter if you are using Corel.