• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgraded my VJ1604 firmware now it wont accept cartridge!!!! HELP

heyskull

I am running Nazdar inks and it now will not accept the cartridges since upgrading to V2.00!
I had no idea this would stop me using other cartridges!!!
Does anyone have 1.09 firmware so I can downgrade back?

Help this is very very urgent.

SC

heyskull

Help someone as I cannot get it running again and I have a pile of work to do and a stack of ink cartridges that will not work!!!:frustrated:
How can I downgrade???!!!!

Thanks
SC

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Newer firmware doesn't allow you to downgrade. If they can't get the chips to work with the newer firmware and you absolutely need to use the older firmware then you will have to buy a new mother board and put the older firmware on it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Every time mutoh updates their firmware it is to break the aftermarket ink chips... you are going to have to find cartridges with compatible chips in them.

Every time mutoh updates their firmware it is to break the aftermarket ink chips... you are going to have to find cartridges with compatible chips in them.

yes that's true, mutoh is so smart that they allow us to upgrade and say that it will make our machine better, but the only reason is to protect their ink against third party ones.. damn.:noway:

heyskull

Why buy oem inks when they are just a wrip off.
They are nearly triple the price of what I am buying and they have run well for the last 3 years!

SC

heyskull

I have installed oem inks for the moment. Ouch!!!
i am waiting for confirmation of other inks that they will work with this firmware.

SC

inkmed

You can try find some one who can break the data. Your printer will not need card, can use any cartridges.
All Mutoh printers in China are breaked.

Adam Yang from Inkmed