• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgraded to XP now Flexi 6.0 won't run!

chuck1027

My old computer was dying so I had a new one built. They put Windows XP on it (was using Windows 2000) and now I'm getting an "access key failed" message when Flexi 6.0 tries to load. Talked to tech guy. He said it probably won't run. He zipped me a "HASP runtime setup" hoping that would help. It hasn't if I installed it correctly(big "if" on the correctly installed part!). He also suggested changing the mode of the port to ECP mode and /or removing the service pack 3. I'll have to go back to my computer guy for the last two options. Next option is to upgrade to at least Flexi 7.0. I've never bothered to upgrade because the nature of my work hasn't required it.

Any bright ideas out there?

Pro Image

Try SAi website for a new driver for your key......It might still be supported.......Its worth a look.......

mbarden

First thing,
Whoever built your new PC should have looked into the compatibility of your applications. Everyone thinks they are a computer "Guru" and no body does there homework. Typical "Hey were a Computer Comapny" BS. A simple email to SAi would have saved you a lot of head aches. Hope you get it figured out and never buy anything from that particular computer comany again. They did not do right buy you.
My 2 pennies (A rant really).
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

Sign Works

XP required the newer style USB hasp, dongle, key, whatever. I've got Flexi Pro 6.6 running on an XP system with the USB hasp purchased as a second site license.