• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrading Corel from X3 opinions

K Chez

I know when X7 came out there were a lot of issues with it - looking for some opinions from users if it's more stable now, or would upgrading to X6 be a safer move.

K Chez

I use X7 and I don't have any issues anymore after the updates that came out.

Did the updates solve the color issues when opening up files created in earlier versions? That's one of my main concerns. Thanks.

kheebl

I can't answer on the color issue. This is my first version I have used. The issues I was having before the updates were the program would just randomly close down without any warning and also it would freeze up. No problem with that here anymore.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I wish I could comment on X7, but having not tried it yet, I can't help. I do run 16 daily, as well as 15 though. I keep both of them open at all times. X6 has some great features, but I still have some files that I prefer to build in X5 since I can plot them better and some of my older print files will print better. I'm sure you will like either version coming from X3 though.

Jean Shimp

I went from X3 to X7. There are a lot of really good improvements but I must say there are several "bugs" that I don't like. Or maybe it's just me. But for example when I do "shift, page up" to bring an image to the top it doesn't seem to work unless I first click on "save". I didn't have that problem in X3.

Jackpine

I use X15 now and own X6, but I liked X3 is my favorite. I have both X3 and X5 on all my computers. If it works......why upgrade?
There was a rumor that odd number releases were more stable and less buggy......I don't believe that.

54warrior

I have x3, x5, and am running x6 now, exclusively. There are a lot of nice features added to x6, and probably even more in x7. I'm looking forward to x8, and will likely upgrade to it when the time comes.