• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrading to edge fx? And possibly a plotter

L Town Graphics

So my edge has finally bitten the dust. Distrib can't find the prob but has offered a referb edge to me. I'm considering upgrading to an fx if he offers it. My question is is there any advantage or disadvantage to using an fx over an original edge? For the price comparasion is it worth it? I was also curious to see what you thoughts are also on the envision or gs15 plotter? Would you get one over the other? I am currently using a gsx15. Thanks guys

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The FX offers a number of significant improvements which may or may not be important to you.

• 300 x 600 resolution with simulated 1,400+ DPI. Edge 1 is 300 x 300.
  • Print speed up to 60" per minute. Edge 1 is only 20".
  • Refillable foil cartridges that tell you how much foil remains. Note: Your old foils are not compatible.
  • Ethernet hookup.
The Envision 375 is considerably faster than your existing plotter and has some smart features that save you time and waste. Whether you need the speed depends on how much volume you have for Edge printing.

L Town Graphics

The FX offers a number of significant improvements which may or may not be important to you.

• 300 x 600 resolution with simulated 1,400+ DPI. Edge 1 is 300 x 300.
  • Print speed up to 60" per minute. Edge 1 is only 20".
  • Refillable foil cartridges that tell you how much foil remains. Note: Your old foils are not compatible.
  • Ethernet hookup.
The Envision 375 is considerably faster than your existing plotter and has some smart features that save you time and waste. Whether you need the speed depends on how much volume you have for Edge printing.

Fred, thank you for the input. The resolution does help in my case for sure. I get a lot of requests for camo patterns and such.

-Pat thank you for that little piece of info. If I do upgrade in the near future, plan on a pm to further explain (if need be) your process to convert the caddys

L Town Graphics

After talking with my guy I'm getting a refurb LE and upgrading my plotter to a GS15. Thanks again for the input Fred and Pat