• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS anyone?

mustafade

Any of you guys are using any type of UPS to protect the printer from power failure? If you do what type.
I tried using APC 1500 but every time I turn on the printer because of the heater, the APC goes nuts due to fact it is not rated to handle more than 12 or 13 amps.
I looked at the higher rated UPS's but they are way out there as far as price.
Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I have the printer and cutter connected to a 6kW Leibert UPStation GXT. At full bore printing on the JV33 and the cutter going it shows about 12amps draw and 20 minutes run time on it's built in web page. More than once it's saved a print job in progress for me... was able to let at least the current peice (or panel) finish, pause the machine and shut down. Granted if it were a single 30 foot image or something then yeah - 20 minutes would probably not cut it.

smdgrfx

I'm running a 1500 APC on my Mimaki JV3 and have not had any troubles. Been about 3 years on that now with no problems. Has saved me on a couple of occasions. It shows about 24 minutes of run time on full battery.

mustafade

I'm running a 1500 APC on my Mimaki JV3 and have not had any troubles. Been about 3 years on that now with no problems. Has saved me on a couple of occasions. It shows about 24 minutes of run time on full battery.
When you cut it on it doesn't beep at you? Mine does!?