• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS put me in collections!!

gabagoo

Received a letter from a collection agency today stating that I owed UPS money. Oddly enough I never received any calls from UPS or any mail stating that I owed them money. I might actually owe them this huge amount of $18.00 but I am sure it may have been because they overcharged me on something and never rectified it. I more than likely will send the collection agency the money rather than have this on my companies name.... Oddly enough we have UPS drivers coming and going numerous times per week .... just odd.

oksigns

Do you have your own shipping account? If so, get with a rep to see if you can figure out the problem and especially make it a point that you want to avoid this kind of situation for the future as opposed to admitting fault by paying collections.

Marlene

make sure you call UPS before you do anything as we had something like this, done a little differently, and it was a scam

SolitaryT

Have them send you an invoice, stating what the charge is for. No Invoice = No payment, first rule of business

I agree. People can call you every day or send you collection notices, but if you never received an invoice, they usually don't have a leg to stand on. If they say they mailed it, then ask them when, etc. Grill them. I mean, you're going to wind up paying this anyway, but you have to go after this and erase any notes of this being in their system, because you never know when it'll come out of the woodwork and that $18 you owe UPS and have for an unknown amount of time can shoot down a big job.

threeputt

We ship nearly everyday. Yes, we have an account. We were just notified that we owe a tiny bit of money. They said their "audits" have shown some of our packages are being under declared as to size. This is crazy, because we have the boxes all made the same size by U-line. Purchase a hundred at a time. They are all the exact same size. (we ship signs of a uniform size every day)

So the only thing that can vary is the weight. Our front office gave them a piece of her mind. Tells them that the person who is measuring the signs on their end can't read his tape measure.

Our boxes are all 4"x24"x24". Weird.

threeputt

Since we have an account, they send us a bill every two weeks. This month, I'm told, we were charged thirty six cents for inaccurate sizing.

Last month I'm told it was more like sixty or seventy cents.

Really....I mean who's measuring all of these packages? Maybe lasers?

phototec

The scam bells go off for me, as mentioned FIRST contact UPS, before paying any collection agency, then if you really do owe UPS any money, just tell them to send an email with the amount and pay them right away (TODAY).

Then call the collection agency and tell them, you have a ZERO balance with UPS. End of story, they don't get any funds.....

gabagoo

I called the collection company and asked if they had an address of where the shipment went, and now I see what's going on. I produced a large write on erase cheque (fro FREE) for a charity and the shipping was done by a 3rd party and probably went on their account. Now UPS I guess tried billing me as well. I do something for FREE and get bitten in the azz!!! ....and they never tried contacting me for the Money!!! WTF?

royster13

Since we have an account, they send us a bill every two weeks. This month, I'm told, we were charged thirty six cents for inaccurate sizing.

Last month I'm told it was more like sixty or seventy cents.

Really....I mean who's measuring all of these packages? Maybe lasers?

Actually multiple lasers.....And if they "bulge" you pay extra......Also, I measured a few Uline boxes I have in stock all measure larger than they are sold as....Box companies use inside measurements.....Couriers use outside measurements....

klmiller611

Actually multiple lasers.....And if they "bulge" you pay extra......Also, I measured a few Uline boxes I have in stock all measure larger than they are sold as....Box companies use inside measurements.....Couriers use outside measurements....

Interesting, UPS seems to be a big scam. I noticed that we occasionally get charged a surcharge for a shipment that actually weighs more than it was billed at. Since the scale I use is a bit on the overside, I normally use that as the package weight, but when stuff is dropped at UPS, it always weighs in under that number. Funny, I never noticed them refunding any money for a package that weighted a bit less than we entered!

Ken Miller