Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPS

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by greysquirrel, Jul 16, 2020.

1. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Anyone noticing any issue with UPS recently. Besides delay, which I can live with. They are correcting and charging every 7 of 10 invoices. Weight, size, address(my favorite was RT instead of route) Are they leaking money because of their Amazon contract? Anyone else having UPS headaches?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Look down a few threads and you'll see this is already being discussed. :thumb:

3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Contrary to popular opinion, UPS and USPS are separate and competing entities. :thumb:

4. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    FedEx notices when stuff is 1" off and I get a correction charged to my account. UPS was more loose but maybe Amazon is running them thin.

USPS doesn't check or care about anything.

5. Black Star

Black Star New Member

We have UPS headaches almost daily. Our local UPS hub has been mismanaged for years. Now with Covid, they have something to blame all their issues on which they are fully taking advantage of. They put our packages on 3-4 different routes depending on who knows what. Sometimes we get deliveries at 10:00am, which has been the norm for 20 years!, and sometimes we get packages at 7pm at night. It has made last minute jobs hard to deal with because we just don't know when to expect our packages. I've always made friends with the UPS drivers and they all tell me how UPS has turned into a crummy company to work for. The old timers had it really well but the new batch aren't treated or paid the way they used to be.

Then we have FEDEX which sometimes just decides they aren't going to deliver to us on when it isn't convenient for them.

6. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Here is a nifty tip...

If you have something important then have it "Hold for Pickup" at your LOCAL HUB. They usually get the trucks first thing in the morning and you're not dicking around with a driver that may or may not deliver.

7. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Are you using UPS Worldship? If so, it can validate addresses before you print the label. I used to get dinged for dimensions because I guessed wrong. Now I measure recycled boxes and I know the dimensions of our stock boxes and never get dinged for dimensions. What I've noticed is a sharp increase in rates the last 2 weeks.

8. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    thanks.

9. jochwat

jochwat Graphics Department

Oct 15, 2016
    Michigan City, IN
    Just tracked a package from Illinois heading to me in Indiana, and it's running late. It's currently on it's way...

To Buffalo, NY.

o_O

10. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Ups deliveries are fantastic in our small town. On time or early . We have had same driver for 8 years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    UPS can be pretty fickle on dimensions. They corrected 8.25" X 8.25" boxes that I had declared as 9" X 9" to 9" x 8". I recently declared one as 9" x 8" and they charged me Over $12 to correct it to 9" X 9". I like to use USPS as much as I can.

12. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    If they keep measuring all the boxes they are going to be even later!

13. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I will guess that it all started when several cheap customers. started shipping boxes and claiming they were smaller than they really were. Just like the customer who tells the sign company he wants a quote for an 18 x 24 sign . But really wsnts an 22 x 32. Then complains when price is higher.