Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent - E078 AFTER HEAT error on a valuejet 1064

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by c2go, Apr 12, 2007.

1. c2go

c2go New Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Hi-
    I just bought a Mutoh Valuejet 1064 after reading this forum; however I'm getting the following error message while print: "E078 ERRA FTER HEAT" and the only way to recover is to turn the machine off which wastes valueble medias! Has anybody encountered this error before? I would truly appreciate your input as I'm having to job out several jobs due to this situation.

Thanks,
    -Mi

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    This is a heater error, I believe that is related to the front platen heater (dryer). At least on the 1204, Mutoh has issued new front platens, not sure about the 1604 though.

Bob

3. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    If it is not working and you have an emergency job set the front to off and set up an auxilery external heater.

Just a thought.

P

4. Ditto. It works.

5. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    What version of Firmware is on your Printer?

6. f3rri

f3rri Member

Jul 4, 2006
    firmware issues on the 1204 as well as heaters. Replacements are sent call mutoh direct. They will probably send a new one out to you and give you a new set of inks if you install it yourself

Ferri Design + Construct
    PA Mutoh Dealer