• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

urgent help for hp designjet 8000s

jas

i have hp designjet 8000s. when i print the nozzle its very good foor all six colours. but printing start light cyan and light megenta colours are missing . and when printing finish stripes of all color come .i do not know whats the problem.

ddubia

I'm probably misunderstanding you here but...

If those heads are firing on a nozzle check and they are firing on the stripe then why do you think they are not firing on the print?

Can you post a pic of what the print looks like?

jas

thanks

someone advice me pleaseeeeeee its urgent. thanks ddubia i tried to attach file but could not.

I'm probably misunderstanding you here but...

If those heads are firing on a nozzle check and they are firing on the stripe then why do you think they are not firing on the print?

Can you post a pic of what the print looks like?

I think he's saying 2 of his colors are dropping out from the beginning and the others are banding before the prints are finished.

jas

yeas you are right , two colours are missing at start and magenta and cyan start banding.

andywall

hp designjet 8000s damper problem

I have a similar problem with my black, and some times cyan ink. It runs fine for small jobs, but when I try to print a 3/4 meter banner the black goes stripey like the head is blocked and then stops printing black altogether. I read that its a problem with the damper and that replacing this will help? not sure though. Im in the UK and cant get any help with it..

J Hill Designs

I read that its a problem with the damper and that replacing this will help? not sure though. Im in the UK and cant get any help with it..

sounds like a good place to start....classic ink starvation

also check o-rings at all connections - they may be fouled, allowing air to enter

iSignDesigncom

sounds like a good place to start....classic ink starvation

also check o-rings at all connections - they may be fouled, allowing air to enter
I am having same trouble with mine. Yellow seems to fade out after about 2 ft. Does anyone have a contact to purchase the dampers from?

Joe House

It sounds counter intuitive, but I've never changed a damper on the Seiko or HP printers and had it make a difference (at least with the OEM inks). But, replacing the captops did. This is what sounds counter intuitive, but I saw this problem more than once and the first time I thought damper because of my experience with other printers, but it didn't change the dropout during printing. However, once I changed the cap tops (making sure to clean every connection below) the problem disappeared.
Hope this helps.