Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help URGENT HELP: MIMAKI JV33-160BS Printing blurry

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Claviust, May 8, 2019.

1. Claviust

Claviust New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Albania
    Hello guys,

I have a Mimaki JV33-160BS.

I searched through the forum but couldn't find something similar.

I printed something earlier yesterday and it was fine than in the afternoon tried to print something and it started printing very bad(kinda blurry while mixing colors - see attachment).

I tried 2-3 times nozzle wash, I cleaned the wiper, tried cleaning automatically 5-6 times, cleaned the head and nothing seems to fix it.

When I print one color is better(Cyan, Magenta, Yellow or Black) when I try to mix it, it gets blurry a lot.

I hope any of you had the smae problem and fixed it.

Thank you

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      102.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      101.6 KB
      Views:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    sounds like an alignment issue but if you were printing good the day before, and you didn't have a major head crash, then there should be no reason for you to suddenly have alignment issues other than maybe the encoder strip is dirty?

3. Centro Graphics

Centro Graphics Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Did you get this fixed.

We had a similar problem, cleaned the sensor strip and installed new sensor.

4. hbb2008

hbb2008 Member

Sep 20, 2013
    St Louis, MO
    had an issue similar earlier this summer. for me, a change in humidity was the culprit. high humidity in St louis during the summer gave me some issues day to day. I have a humidifier for my printing lab that i adjusted to put in less humidity into the room and it seemed to help.