• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent pinch roller temp fix on sp540v

jameslondon

Hi , I have a big job multi label job that needs to go out today I noticed that the left pinch roller rubber is loose and seems to be causing my paper to move it is making cutting impossible and seriously out of line .

I don’t think I can get any spare rollers for a few days .

Is there any temp fix like super glue the rubber back in place .

jameslondon

I only have two pinch rollers with the machine , I bought a refurb machine and never realised there should be 4 rollers

netsol

Premium Subscriber
james

i doubt any type of glue will hold.
you could take a small piece of heat shrink tubing, put it over the roller and heat with a hair dryer or heat gun.
not sure where you can get heat shrink, it is a standard item for electrical repairs. you get it up to twice the diameter you need and it shrinks by up to 50% in width but stays the same in length

try a tv repair shop or vcr repair shop (if those exist anymore

you can get from amazon, but not same day i think

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we actually repaired a planer, for the woodshop using this method and 2" heat shrink (2 layers glued together)
a very heavy duty piece of equpment. working just fine for a couple months, so far

Johnnie

Owner
I understand your it is a last minute thing but you will have to get new roller (slot car or silicone roller manufactures/venders would probably be bust place for a glue) my expierience has the rubber portion swells and will not shrink up to the roller properly time for a new outer beveled roller i would get two and keep old one for back up.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I had a blowout the other day on a wheel. Super glued it back on and still running strong. I did order all new rollers but they are not here yet.