Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent pinch roller temp fix on sp540v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jameslondon, Dec 21, 2020.

1. jameslondon

jameslondon New Member

Dec 11, 2020
    london uk
    Hi , I have a big job multi label job that needs to go out today I noticed that the left pinch roller rubber is loose and seems to be causing my paper to move it is making cutting impossible and seriously out of line .

I don’t think I can get any spare rollers for a few days .

Is there any temp fix like super glue the rubber back in place .

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Move the rubber from middle to the side?

3. jameslondon

jameslondon New Member

Dec 11, 2020
    london uk
    I only have two pinch rollers with the machine , I bought a refurb machine and never realised there should be 4 rollers

4. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Then you are out of luck I guess. Super glue to the rescue.

5. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    james

i doubt any type of glue will hold.
    you could take a small piece of heat shrink tubing, put it over the roller and heat with a hair dryer or heat gun.
    not sure where you can get heat shrink, it is a standard item for electrical repairs. you get it up to twice the diameter you need and it shrinks by up to 50% in width but stays the same in length

try a tv repair shop or vcr repair shop (if those exist anymore

you can get from amazon, but not same day i think

6. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    we actually repaired a planer, for the woodshop using this method and 2" heat shrink (2 layers glued together)
    a very heavy duty piece of equpment. working just fine for a couple months, so far

7. Johnnie

Johnnie Owner

Oct 3, 2019
    California
    I understand your it is a last minute thing but you will have to get new roller (slot car or silicone roller manufactures/venders would probably be bust place for a glue) my expierience has the rubber portion swells and will not shrink up to the roller properly time for a new outer beveled roller i would get two and keep old one for back up.

8. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

I had a blowout the other day on a wheel. Super glued it back on and still running strong. I did order all new rollers but they are not here yet.