• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

URGENT!!! Source for Mimaki JF1631 Yellow Ink...being told on back order

jdwilliams1

Does anyone have a source for Mimaki JF1631 Yellow Ink...being told on back order. Seems all the supply houses are out. Any help would be appreciated..maybe even after market ink, any luck with that?

Thanks

jdwilliams1

Any help on this?

We have no yellow ink and it is about stop production at my company. We are in the process of setting everything up for our vinyl cutters again but....

Any after market ink companies for a mimaki jf 1631

jdwilliams1

ok no Mimaki is not offering a timeline on this. We have 3 Jf 16 31. I am asking for help from those that are much smarter than I in the sign industry as to how I might get yellow ink in these printers quickly either through third-party inks or bulk ink systems please help

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Looks like they're back-ordered in Canada too.... sorry man. :covereyes:

I would definitely look into Bordeaux, might be your only option.

Good luck, hopefully you can get some ink flowing your way soon.

Good Morning,

I am Francis Kao with Premier Colour carrying full Bordeaux ink products. What's the best phone number to call? Any chance you'd be at SGIA? We are in Bordeaux Booth 1401. Anyone welcome to stop by to support a signs101 merchant. We are showing Bordeaux products on XR640 and Fuji Acuity UV.

TheSnowman

Bordeaux is good stuff. I switched to Triangle when I got a new printer cause the company didn't carry Bordeaux, but both have been fine for me, and saved a ton over OEM. I ran Bordeaux over 6 years before upgrading printer.

Robert M

Bordeaux

JD

The Bordeaux sales rep lives here in Denver. if you still need ink let me know and I will get in touch with him today
Robert
303-733-6671

jdwilliams1

OK, now I am getting nervous....being told Bordeaux has discontinued the compatible ink for the mimaki JF 1631. Any other thougths? Help would be appreciated

AnimalG82

I have noob question about switching to Triangle. I am thinking of at least using it on my JV3 instead of OEM to save money and it sounds like they work great. I know I am supposed to swap out all my inks at once for the new stuff, but is there anything else I have to do? Do I need to do anything with cartridge chips or settings on the printer? Any info would be much appreciated.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Last thing you want to do is to switch to triangle. Aggressive ink will not last your parts long. If you had to do somehow, make notes before putting their ink, make notes after you switched the ink. CALL triangle and make sure this is everything you needed to get warranty on your printer.

We carry Bordeaux ink - made in USA. Highly recommended in the market. Cost 20% less than there ink. Give me a call. I will explain what you needed.

Francis
949-209-7306

TheSnowman

I have noob question about switching to Triangle. I am thinking of at least using it on my JV3 instead of OEM to save money and it sounds like they work great. I know I am supposed to swap out all my inks at once for the new stuff, but is there anything else I have to do? Do I need to do anything with cartridge chips or settings on the printer? Any info would be much appreciated.

Mine was plug and play for both Bordeaux and Triangle. They say you may get a slight color shift when it kicks over to the new cartridge, but 90% of what I print is short term signage, and that wasn't an issue. Never saw a shift, and all I've done is not waste as much money on inks.

Graphique

Mimaki JF UV ink

Does anyone have a source for Mimaki JF1631 Yellow Ink...being told on back order. Seems all the supply houses are out. Any help would be appreciated..maybe even after market ink, any luck with that?

Thanks

How did you go? Any luck with a third party supplier?
We love Mimaki machines but this level of service and support is a joke!

Junkie

JF iNk

Actually, STS does NOT have inks for this machine. Has anyone found anyone that has yellow ink. We are about to run out and we will be dead in the water. PLEASE HELP if you have a source.

Junkie

JF Yellow

That do not have any yellow either. We have called them several times. No one seems to know when Mimaki will have ink again.

Junkie

JF INk

Our vendors are all saying that a bad batch had to be recalled and a new batch will be coming on the slow boat. However, this has been the case for almost 2 months now with no new info coming in on when it will be here. Mimaki still has not gotten back to me about when we should see some yellow ink. We have owned a half a dozen mimaki printers and have always been strong supporters of the brand, however this is going to change my tune. If we run out, we are royally screwed. We do a lot of wholesale printing and I cannot print and lay all these jobs we have meant for the flatbed and be profitable.

I sent mimaki and email and they replied very quickly. told them I was going to switch from Mimaki to Hp because of this. You could try calling her if you like.

I received your inquiry from our HQ. regarding yellow ink.
Please call me as the tel number you gave in the email is not operating.

818-854-4757

Carmen Pacella
LA Branch Manager
cpacella@mimakiusa.com
USA, Inc.
818-886-2236 Office Ext 502
818-854-4757 Cell
818-886-8135 Fax
1560 W. 190th Street
(first floor)
Torrance, CA 90501
www.mimakiusa.com

http://www.linkedin.com/company/mim..._*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=nmp_rec_act_company_photo

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwilliams1

Has anyone found a supplier for the yellow ink? This has been a nightmare!!

Mimaki can;t even offer a timeline and Grimco told me they should be receiving some December 1st which is not the case. I tried the STS ink company, they told me it would work and took my money but the cartridge does not work so do not buy from them. They are in the business of screwing the customer.

jdwilliams1

I agree. If I had one of those printers, let alone 3 like the OP, sitting idle because the manufacturer "ran out of ink" I would be getting in touch with a lawyer. Think of the income being lost from equipment sitting for that long not to mention running the risk of the heads drying up from not running. :noway:

Hope you got this sorted out by now Jay.

Hi Pat...no luck yet and I have thousands of dollars in Christmas gifts that I cannot print. I have 3 - JF 1631 printers and can't do a thing.

Junkie

Mimaki Yellow

Good news, I had 8 cartridges on order with Grimco and they arrived late last week. Not sure how much they had on hand, but check with them.