• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US Cutter Cutting plotter for Sansblast Resist

Sandblaster

Hello Signs 101 (my first post),

I am looking in to buying a cheap cutting plotter that I can use to cut sandblast resist for the occasional sandblasted sign job that my uncle gets (a few a month). I am looking to get a US Cutter M series machine. I notice that the US Cutter plotters are not popular in this forum, but seem reasonably well accepted in the T-shirt forum (http://www.t-shirtforums.com).

Does a US Cutter M series machine sound like a reasonable choice for my situation? Would it be able to manage sandblast resist well enough?

Thanks
Damian

signmeup

If you can find a pin feed plotter I think you will be happier. I use a Master plotter for cutting sand blast mask but it's a friction feed plotter. It can slip or the rubber mask squirms or something. It's not as accurate as I'd like. I think a pin feed plotter would work better. I'm going to add some more pinch rollers to my plotter to see if that will help. I don't think you'll have any problems with down force. I can cut right through the mask and backing paper. I run at about 300 grams of down force....can go to 500 grams.

zmatalucci

please correct me if I'm wrong, but a tangential plotter is whats ideally needed for stencil resist. I have an allen datagraph 536 w/ both sprocket and friction fed contol measures.
I cut stencil a lot with this machine with no problems, mind you it is a tangential machine

Sandblaster

Thanks for the replies, the largest resist we use is 24" + backing. Pin feed and tangential both sound useful, I'll see what I can find.

Molenbeek

best plotters to use for sandblast resist are the Gerber GS15+ or Gerber GS750+ plotter, 15" and 30" respectively. They are made for that application with a sprocket design and tangential 60 degree blade.

signmeup

best plotters to use for sandblast resist are the Gerber GS15+ or Gerber GS750+ plotter, 15" and 30" respectively. They are made for that application with a sprocket design and tangential 60 degree blade.
The Anagraph appears to have adjustable width sprockets and a friction feed option built in. Beats Gerber's design by a mile if it does.