• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US Cutter SC Series - 48" Plotter problems

MEISTER

I'm running FlexiStarter 10.0.1 and have a US Cutter SC / LiYu SC Series plotter. I am using a USB 2.0 cable and not serial and have a USB 2.0 6ft extension to reach the plotter.

Every time I cut, it starts cutting normal, but then about 2-3 decals into the plot, it veers off course and cuts a straight line into the media. Usually it's straight across, but it has also advanced the media cutting a line up the length of the media until I turn it off.

I've had this problem intermittently before with this plotter, but now it's happening every time.

I did make one change last night to the software. I turned on the knife offset and set to .01". I did this because I was having rounded corners issues. But I wouldn't think this would be the cause.

I've waisted lots of vinyl today trying to figure out why it's doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TwoNine

Are you saying I can't get that shocker logo, after all?

J/K - Just wanted to say Hi - you're right around the corner....

MEISTER

Are you saying I can't get that shocker logo, after all?

J/K - Just wanted to say Hi - you're right around the corner....

Ha, Yea I can do one, maybe two. But then it craps out. I could run it on my Summa DC4, but it's not really made for just cutting vinyl. I may have to do that.

round man

try turning the plotter off between cut files each time,...the inexpensive plotters are notorious about plot buffer overflows,and that is the surest way to clear any data in the plotter buffer

MEISTER

try turning the plotter off between cut files each time,...the inexpensive plotters are notorious about plot buffer overflows,and that is the surest way to clear any data in the plotter buffer

Yea, I've done that. Calling US Cutter now.