• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Usage/Installation of Fonts...

WVB

Wanting to know if there is a way to temporarily install a font for one time use. I get tons of clients coming in who want this or that and always use a special font. Rather then installing it and forgetting to remove it later is there another way through Flexi, Illustrator or even Corel to accomplish this..? Could this be done through font software..?

ChiknNutz

Extensis Suitcase is one that will allow you to do that...except for the brand new Letterhead fonts. They've got some new way of installing them to reduce piracy. The thing is, I have no idea where they exist now? I just ordered a few and then asked Chuck, but he sounded a little unwilling to tell me where they are now.

Shovelhead

Adobe Type Manager....

or COREL Bitstream Navigator found in your COREL applications
folder.
Turn them on and off when needed.

WVB

Ok so in Font Nav, on the right side are all the installed fonts - And on the left side are all the fonts on your system... So by choosing uninstall from the right side it will remove it from the installed list.

So this brings up my next question... If I choose to install the font then I have to close Flexi/Illustrator/Corel down and reopen it for the new font to show up correct?

This is what I was trying to avoid opening/closing apps. I guess there is no real way to accomplish this then...

ChiknNutz

I use Extensis Suitcase, when you activate/deactivate fonts, it is instant and occurs within Corel real-time...no opening/closing required.

signage

Bitstream navigator adds the font to the windows font folder. If you remove the font from bitstream navigator it is removed from the font folder. Some programs you have to create a new instance for the addition to take effect, this is not true with corel it shows up once it is installed.

gROUND cHUCK

Bitstream navigator adds the font to the windows font folder. If you remove the font from bitstream navigator it is removed from the font folder. Some programs you have to create a new instance for the addition to take effect, this is not true with corel it shows up once it is installed.

I found Bitstream very dangerous. What happens if you accedently select all the installed fonts and drag them out of the list. All the system fonts get uninstalled. "All I'm gettin' is a bunch of boxes" ouch.

If you own Bitstream, you may want to backup your windows font folder.