• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USB Drives?

splizaat

Hey Guys!
Looking for a solid company to use for custom USB Drives (under 1gb in size). Full-color print directly to simple USB drives as a local marketing event is coming up...our customer is looking between 1000-3000 drives.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated!

CanuckSigns

I can't help with a referral, however I would try to get the client to reconsider going under 1 GB, when I get a USB stick, of its under 1gb it goes in the trash, useless.

splizaat

They will be loading their own files onto the drives. They're not giving them out as storage devices - they're loading files onto them for viewing.

But that IS good advice.

WildWestDesigns

They will be loading their own files onto the drives. They're not giving them out as storage devices - they're loading files onto them for viewing.

But that IS good advice.

They may be using them with the intent of loading their own stuff on there. But if they are giving them away for a marketing event, I wouldn't be surprised that who they give them to will wipe and put their own stuff on it at some point. 1GB would be useful for me for a net install of linux, other then that, not much worth beyond that at that point.

I would concur about doing a larger drive, I think even 32GB usb2 at that order amount could be had for next to nothing. While I personally wouldn't want smaller then 8GB, even 4GB would be pushing it.

splizaat

These are not marketing pieces. They're loading the customer's finance paperwork and manuals onto the drive (total of 8mb) and giving them to the customer in an attempt to go paperless. Just need inexpensive drives custom printed...Just looking for a referral.

WildWestDesigns

These are not marketing pieces.

Oops, sorry, I read this:

... as a local marketing event is coming up...

and I thought it was just for promotional use.

I hope that when you said this:

customer's finance paperwork and manuals onto the drive (total of 8mb)

that it's not filled out financial paperwork. That may seem like something that should go without saying, but I've really seen some (shall we say) strange things that people do.

I don't know how successful that would be getting them to go paperless, but I'm coming in with my own concerns, so it may be a nonissue.

As far as referrals go, something like this (especially when the biggest factor is "inexpensive"), it's all six in one, half a dozen in the other.

Last edited:

Bert Wondervan

Hey Guys!
Looking for a solid company to use for custom USB Drives (under 1gb in size). Full-color print directly to simple USB drives as a local marketing event is coming up...our customer is looking between 1000-3000 drives.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated!

SEARCH eBay
From eBay you can find multiple providers / companies from China that offer their USB products and services. You can do it with your orders, they are very cheap and delivered for free.
Most USB companies from USA, CANADA, Europe also have their USBs from China.

\

splizaat

totally get the confusion, I was trying to keep it as generic as possible at first. Whatever they do with the drive is zero concern of mine - I'm just the printer.

They may be using them with the intent of loading their own stuff on there. But if they are giving them away for a marketing event, I wouldn't be surprised that who they give them to will wipe and put their own stuff on it at some point. 1GB would be useful for me for a net install of linux, other then that, not much worth beyond that at that point.

I would concur about doing a larger drive, I think even 32GB usb2 at that order amount could be had for next to nothing. While I personally wouldn't want smaller then 8GB, even 4GB would be pushing it.

I think even most linux distributions require at least a 2GB to make a bootable USB. Might not even be useful for that.

and
https://www.logotech.com/ from 128MB to 128GB

Net Install distros are sans GUI. Bare bones. Not talking about Kubuntu, KDE Neon or Linux Mint. Think Arch.

Not paying enough attention. Hadn't seen this net install stuff. Anytime i use a USB boot it's because windows stops working and I need to access the computer. This means I don't usually have internet access. But an interesting way to try different distros none the less.

2B

Distributor Central is another option for sourcing, we have had good success with the services

henryz

Now I remember, we need to use American manufacturers for this crap, we should no longer import from China as of last weeks announcement, what would the solution here?

unclebun

The best you can do there is to find someone who imprints them in the US. Right now there are zero US manufacturers of cheap thumb drives.

henryz

The best you can do there is to find someone who imprints them in the US. Right now there are zero US manufacturers of cheap thumb drives.
It's difficult to compete and stay in business this way, for instance you can order 1,000 - 4g drives from Discount mugs lowest prices in the industry and they print here out of FL. $3,700. I can import the same usb 4g drives for half the cost printed and delivered in same if not faster time. This is no bs so if someone is trying to dictate my business they can go to #*!!... IMO.