• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

usb not recognized

blindingstorm

Hi, bought a graphtec ce5000 120 used in as is condition. When I plug into usb it shows a "usb has malfunctioned and not recognized" all the on board display and movement of plotter seem fine. Am I stuck? missing something? sure I installed driver from the graphtec website okay etc. any suggestions would be appreciated. thank-you.

blindingstorm

Hi, I have been to the Graphtec site, tried different cables / computers. And Brands Imaging I did not have the USB cable in while installing driver, there is a chance it might have been done by previous owner etc. If thats the case is this plotter dead to the world? thank-you for your help/suggestions

Brands Imaging

i gotta tell ya...the USB error messages are a real bitch. I have the same messages myself when i plug mt plotter in but for some reason it still works...

my best advice at this time is to use a different usb port....possibly a port in the front of the PC

Tony McD

just wondering.....if your os is windows 7 you may need a different driver,
and they may not have one for it yet.

Just ran into this on my SP300 Roland and new computer with windows 7 pro.
No windows 7 driver for it yet, so I had to install it by way of
virtual pc loading the driver in xp mode.

If your os is not 7.......disregard the above