• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

usb to serial

scooternalberta

do any of you have expirience using usb to serial adapter for a plotter ,do you think it will work on my old ioline studio8?
Thnaks for your time

iSign

there are "regular" ones, often made for PDA's that many posts have identified as insufficient for plotters, and then there are "high speed communications" ones which have been the solution for those previously unsuccessful attempts i read about.

OADesign

I always shop around before i pay full price for electronics.

i picked pick up on for my buddy that just got a plotter here. I looked at the features on the keyspan product (which he wanted in the 1st place) and chose one with the same features for a 1/3 the cost incl. shipping. I think it came to about $11 and change and works like a charm. I cant find the exact product any more but here is a list of similar. And yes I've bout many product from this company before. My gaming rig is built from parts all from Mwave. down to the power supply and mobo. (no i have no affiliation)

here is a link to the list of usb to serial converters.

Read product data carefully!