• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Use of Xbox and PS3 images

Mark Your Space

A client has asked me to create a logo for him. Since he will be doing gaming and computer repair he wanted to have an Xbox and perhaps a PS3 in the logo.

So, I'm pretty sure I can't have the famous Microsoft X in the logo, but what about a generic Xbox? And a generic PS3?

Thanks!

cptcorn

adad
It's definitely a NO if there is a PS3/Sony or Xbox360/MS logos in/on it. If you remove those, you might be ok... You should contact your lawyer.

G-Artist

That issue can be tricky.

If the dude is an "authorized" distributor or reseller then he has a right to use the various logos of the companies he reps. Should he lose that status, then he has to destroy all the ad material (business cards included) that he made up.

It's best to use each logo as a separate item on a card or letterhead vs. incorporating it into a single unit.