• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Use Printer settings

adamfilip

When I purchased my VP540
the sales person always recommended I set" use printer settings" for media calibration, and cut settings and not to use the settings in the paper profile

does anyone do this.. any reason?

tanneji

We do. Our settings for cutting are all over the place. For the Oracal 3651, we use a cut force of 110 for non laminated and 210 for laminated. For the ControlTac, we use a 120, 220 spread. Basically every time you replace the blade or even over time, that will change and you have to test and calibrate the whole thing all over again. Good Luck!

When I purchased my VP540
the sales person always recommended I set" use printer settings" for media calibration, and cut settings and not to use the settings in the paper profile

does anyone do this.. any reason?

If this was recommended its for ease and no purpose. The reason you have a rip is to send a media profile which is (ink limit,feed calibration, heater settings etc.) Depends on if you are using roland media if so you want to use media settings. If you use printer settings in versaworks you have to have media settings setup within the menu of the printer and you are restricted to 8 media types. Most people run different types of media i.e. the list you have in VW is all roland media and wont work as well as if you calibrated your feed settings with the media you are using. All preloaded media profiles in VW are just that canned profiles you cant depend on them to work with everyone elses media may work here and there but wont be the best output. First thing to do is find out what media you are using go to them on there website or salesrep. and ask for profile specific to that media it will work much better. I got alittle in depth there but to keep it simple if you say "use printer settings" then your printer has to be calibrated for that media if you say "use defualt media settings" and have the right profile selected then all of those settings are in the profile and theres no need to use "printer settings"

Hope this helps