• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Aluminum Composite Sign Panel Sheet

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
What do you folks do to dispose of all of your Aluminum Composite Sign Panels.... Doesn't seem to be any recyclers or scrap yards that
want it.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I take my to a recycling place. You don’t get much for it but better than just throwing it away. We take stuff in 1-2x a year.
Why is it better? Is what you get for it even cover your expenses of just getting it there?

Regardless, I find endless uses for the stuff. It's excellent for masking patterns and jigs as well as various gadgets such as an attachment to my plotter that keeps the media roll from jumping off the feed rollers if and when the plotter makes a spirited move. And a host of other things. The material is undeniably useful. Nonetheless, pieces that are to small or misshapen get tossed in the trash with the rest of the rubbish.

Johnny Best

My recyclying place is run by the Curry Mafia and they start ranting and raving when I try to unload it there. I do what bob does and also send it to Gino when he gets heavy snow in the winter to put under his tires when he gets stuck.

ikarasu

We were told to recycle it, we'd have to seperate the metal and plastic.... We tried for about 5 minutes and then threw it in the trash.

Last edited:

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Why is it better? Is what you get for it even cover your expenses of just getting it there?

Regardless, I find endless uses for the stuff. It's excellent for masking patterns and jigs as well as various gadgets such as an attachment to my plotter that keeps the media roll from jumping off the feed rollers if and when the plotter makes a spirited move. And a host of other things. The material is undeniably useful. Nonetheless, pieces that are to small or misshapen get tossed in the trash with the rest of the rubbish.
I've used up all the good stuff, but the rest is just too wrinkle and bent from tornadoes, brush hogs hitting them, Cars hitting the signs, old vinyl hat has been on them for 5 or 6 years.... It's worth the fuel just to drive it some where to get it out my yard... I retired from the trade, and I'm trying to put my place back together...

ikarasu

We recycle where we can. Yeah... A roll core or two makes it to the trash been every week.. but the bulk majority of what can be recycled gets recycled.

We have a 40 ft garbage bin that gets picked up every week and a half.... There's sooo much garbage in our industry.

And we pay by the lb for waste, so if you can recycle it... Why not?

Wood is the worst for us though. The only place that'll take it charges $75 a load... Then they grind it up into wood chips and sell them. Double dipping .... We found out we can throw as much wood in the garbage as we want, and they'll usually sort it out and recycle it anyways.

We did try a few places for the alupanel, I heard there's like 5 places in all of USA that can recycle it efficiently... Otherwise why bother? If it takes more resources to recycle it than to make a new one.. why bother?

All our Coro scraps get recycled ( a big 4 ft by 4 ft bin every week), all our roll ends, all our cardboard... And that's pretty much it.

We save EOL computer items and electronics and once a year they come pick them up for free.

The rest goes into the bin!

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
We recycle where we can. Yeah... A roll core or two makes it to the trash been every week.. but the bulk majority of what can be recycled gets recycled.

We have a 40 ft garbage bin that gets picked up every week and a half.... There's sooo much garbage in our industry.

Wood is the worst for us though. The only place that'll take it charges $75 a load... Then they grind it up into wood chips and sell them. Double dipping .... We found out we can throw as much wood in the garbage as we want, and they'll usually sort it out and recycle it anyways.

We did try a few places for the alupanel, I heard there's like 5 places in all of USA that can recycle it efficiently... Otherwise why bother? If it takes more resources to recycle it than to make a new one.. why bother?

All our Coro scraps get recycled ( a big 4 ft by 4 ft bin every week), all our roll ends, all our cardboard... And that's pretty much it.

We save EOL computer items and electronics and once a year they come pick them up for free.

The rest goes into the

The rest goes into the bin!
Sounds good... I have a wood burner in my shop, so all the wood goes to the winter heat.... Maybe you should see if someone will pick it up for burning.... and people love pallets for crafts and the such.
This is a horrible industry for waste.. when I started, I had a lettering quill, a can of one-shot and a pencil!
I'll figure something out... not going to rent a roll off or dumpster for a one shot deal....

I just want it gone!

Ciao!

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
It's Hurricane season in Florida.
I give all my scraps and take downs to my friends and neighbors in exchange for BEER .
They are happy they have window protection and it doesn't take much space to store it for next season.