• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used/Broken Spectra Printheads

jnataros

Anyone know a good place to get used/broken spectra printheads? specifically those in the 128 range of Spectra heads.

Just need them to test their resistance and reactions to different ink mixtures, so i'm not using perfectly new heads. they don't need to be functional.

...If anyone has a pile of them laying around..... let me know....

Josh Nataros

artbot

before you load any head, do testing outside the head. my favorite thing to use is those tiny glass bowls used for ingredients. also painting ink onto aluminum foil is good. they dyne of aluminum foil is terrible. so if you can get the rheology to work well on the frosted side of the foil, and you don't see coagulation or condensation when mixing in the samples, you can then move to the heads. and remember the more retarded the flush, the less likely you'll get condensation.