• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

used Hp 9000 should I buy?

Wraps ink

Im thinking about buying a used hp 9000 its around 4 yrs old seems to be well taken care of and still prints well so ive heard...never owned an hp is it worth it? any thoughts would be appreciated

HulkSmash

I have 2. One is for 2k. It doesn't run.. but has every head working great except the black. All it needs is 2 new pumps in a ink line or 2.

The 2nd is running right now, and has been all day. Works great. asking 4k for that. Could get 6, but i want to move it fast.

They're great printers. I'm just getting sick of the ink price. Also we just upgraded to the latex's. You do have to do daily maintenance, and after doing long runs a cleaning or you will get banding.. bad. Just old technology, but they are work horses.

the scrubber is valued at like 2.5k

Wraps ink

what is the normal lifespan of these print heads I know they arent cheap they are asking $7,500.00 for this printer...not sure if this is a good price or not

CS-SignSupply-TT

HP9000 pricing

I have 2. One is for 2k. It doesn't run.. but has every head working great except the black. All it needs is 2 new pumps in a ink line or 2.

The 2nd is running right now, and has been all day. Works great. asking 4k for that. Could get 6, but i want to move it fast.

They're great printers. I'm just getting sick of the ink price. Also we just upgraded to the latex's. You do have to do daily maintenance, and after doing long runs a cleaning or you will get banding.. bad. Just old technology, but they are work horses.

the scrubber is valued at like 2.5k

Based on Colorado's comments, $7500 is HIGH. If you pursue it, make sure you SEE it printing. By the way, what RIP will you be using? Finally, determine if the printer is using OEM or 3rd party inks. And one more thing, YES! you NEED the SCRUBBER to vent the exhaust in the room. Otherwise, you need to vent the printer to the outside

allamericantrade

I am using flexi 8 and running a hp9000s. Other than banding issues I love my machine. I have been thinking about buying Colorado's myself. It's just a road trip I am not willing to take nor have the time at the moment.

Wraps ink

Ive heard that if you dont have the exact amount of heat and vaccum on the machine it will band....I own a mutoh and never have banding issues is the banding an on going issue or is it just due to non proper maintenance

bryan_gfx

Wraps -- We sell all makes and models of printers and $7500 is way too high for a 9000s. We just sold one fully refurbished for $5995 plus shipping and we had gone through it with a fine tooth comb, made sure everything was proper and replaced any parts that were not functioning properly. I believe we have one more available if you are interested. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! :thankyou:

zap

In Miami, FL - I have a super low use HP 8000s for sale. A little less banding issue than the 9000. Maybe 6k feet run through this machine - I have it in my office. Asking $5k. It would need a local pickup to prevent head problems.

Anyone interested email me gz at funix.com or PM