• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Lighted Sign value?

glen728

Anyone have a ballpark idea what a 6 ft. x 10 ft double face light box would be worth. Trying to help a friend that owns the sign..took down and replaced with new at his restaurant . Now wants to sell old.. any help would be appreciated..

Fanaticus

If you pay for shipping, I'll take it off your hands so you don't have to worry about what to do with it anymore.

k.a.s.

Its worth nothing unless you have somone that wants to buy it. Put it on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks. Its pretty hard to sell a used sign.

Kevin

UFB Fabrication

Most big shops have sign grave yard and I see stuff thats sat around for years. We had some new signs that had a design/size change and sat around for a long time. Ended us selling one and the rest went away on the scrapers truck. We got nothing but did not have to move them.

Good luck

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Scrap value only.

Ten times a year someone comes in trying to sell a used box or the like.
After thirty seven years, I am still waiting for the first person to come in looking for a used sign.

Just kidding. The few times we tried to sell used boxes just never panned out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tell him you'll keep it at your shop and sell it on consignment. I have some cabinets here that just won't sell.... mainly because the ex-customer has too much sentimental attachment to it and thinks it's worth more than it is.

About a year ago, I had a cabinet 3' x 12' one sided. I told the potential customer I had a used one that size and called the ex-owner of it only to find out he had passed away about 12 years ago. [That's how long it sat in our shop.]

Told the guy, he's in luck. Only $500 for the entire can..... 'AS IS', and pay for the decoration of the face and it's his. Well, he had us re-wired it, new ballasts, sockets the whole nine yards and we got $2,300 without installation. He was happy. A new one was like $3,200.

I wouldn't give you a dime for it, but I'll try to sell it.

klemgraphics

What about channel letters?

Had some joker in here a while back try to sell me some custom channel letters from a boutique....only wanted $4000 for them which was a deal being that they were over $5500 new and only a year old. I just laughed and said I'll give you 2...dollars that is, she didn't agree.