• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Mutoh

Imlost21

I bought a used Mutoh printer 2 weeks ago. It came with a print server connection. It did not come with the IP address, all I get is a message on the printer that says {change} port 1. is there anyone out there that can help me out? I am no good at networking, and would need it explained to me in layman terms. lol. thanks

Imlost21

Thank you for your response. I have the manual on the cd that came with it. where would I look? I mean what section?

Border

Thank you for your response. I have the manual on the cd that came with it. where would I look? I mean what section?

Open up the PDF manual and use the "Find" search bar to look for "IP Address".
Fastest way to find it probably

AUTO-FX

Hey, let me make a suggestion...if you would like to buy materials and ink and things from the guys at GRS (Graphics Resource Systems - a merchant member here, and really great folks) they would probably be glad to help you get up and running. They are very knowledgable with Mutohs and only 2 days UPS from you....

thmooch

from signwarehouse website...

Assigning an IP address to the Intercon SEH Print Server
Here are some things to check before you go any further. Make sure that all firewalls and virus scans are off before proceeding. If you do not know how to do that consult your manuals for firewall/virus scan software.

• Make sure the printer is plugged in and powered ON.
  • Make sure the SEH box is connected to a power supply and the Category 5 Crossover Cable is connected to the Print Server and to the Ethernet Card on your computer.
  • Verify that the SEH Print Server has 2 solid green lights. If you have only one solid green light, then you have the wrong network cable. RJ-45 or RJ-7 network cables will not work with the Print Server; it must be a Category 5 Crossover Cable.
  • If all of the above is correct and appears to be in order then follow these steps to locate the correct IP address using the Inter-Con Net Tool Software that is located on the Intercon SEH Disc that comes with the Intercon SEH Printer Server. Install the Inter Con Net tool Software.
  • Go to the START button and select the Control Panel from the list.
  • Double-click the Network Connections Icon.
  • Right-click on the Local Area Connections Icon and select Properties.
  • Highlight the Internet Protocol TCP/IP and then click Properties.
  • When the Properties window opens, select "Use the following IP Address", the lines will become available for you to type in an IP Address along with a Subnet Mask Number.
  • Use the following in the IP Address 172.18.3.100
  • Use the following in the Subnet Mask 255.255.000.000
  • Leave the Default Gateway Blank.
  • Click OK
  • Click Close
  • Close the Control Panel Window.
  • On your desktop is a InterCon-NetTool Icon, double click on it.
  • Right-Click the IP address in the list and select the IP Wizard from the list
  • Select Manual Configuration, click Next
  • Confirm the IP address is Showing 172.18.3.101
  • Confirm the Subnet Mask is 255.255.000.000
  • Click Next
  • The screen will show you your changes
  • Click Finish
  • The dialog will popup saying the properties saved the Printserver is restarting.
  • Click OK
  • Open the Production Manager
  • Double-Click on the Printer in the left list
  • A setup properties window will open
  • Click on the second tab
  • In the drop down box Select TCP/IP
  • Another box will open asking for the IP address
  • Put in 172.18.3.101
  • Leave the port # at 9100
  • Click OK
  • Click Apply and OK at the bottom
  • To test communication do the following
  • Click on Setup/Test Print
  • The printer should start printing after a few seconds.

Imlost21

Thank you soo much I will try to do this and I will post weather I get it to work or not, again thank you Mooch