• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Roland - Is this a good deal?

JD789

I came across a used Roland Camm Pro 1 36" cutter for $800. Is this a decent deal? I have inquired as to how old it is and how much it has been used and am waiting for a response. I want to jump on it, but I just don't know! I am running a cheapo machine and pray everytime I send a project over that it will complete it.

BTW, I do mostly indoor decorator type vinyl with the occasional coroplast sign, window decal, or other odd job. What machine would be ideal for this if I were to get a new one? I am saving my money right now...

Thanks!

Replicator

It's a great deal if in fact the machine is in great condition.

A new 24" is roughly $2200.00 with the stand.

jagsouthern

Jump on that deal

I just sold a Graphtec 30" for $1200 and the people were glad to have it. Mine had more use on it and was about four years old. As long as it is in good shape it is a very good deal. Run...don't walk.

chopper

I think it sounds like a great deal, you cant get much for that price and it is a name brand machine, good luck/chopper

JD789

I did get it. I was lucky, there were 4 others wanting it. I was just there first with cash.

It looks great. I love it so far, and I only saw him do a demo! It is SO much cooler than the piece of junk I am running right now. It is amazing how many more features there are on it, how much quieter it is, how smooth it is... I can go on and on.

So now I have an extra junk machine. Not quite sure what to do with it, as I only bought it for $400 on ebay not 6 months ago (yeah, it is one of those). It has worked okay and has allowed me to get into the business enough to know I want to continue. I would have never known what a good deal this Roland is without going down the paths I have gone, so I am happy.

I am sure I will be asking for help because I have no manual or info for it.

Thanks for encouraging me to get it.

Ken

I've been using a chinese cutter for 3 years now and it started giving me problems recently. So I just started using my versacamm for cutting vinyl. What a friggin' difference.! Speed, accuracy..cool, cool, cool.
But I dont want to wear out the sp300 either. Looking at a graphtec CE 3000 for vinyl cutting.
My next move I think.
Ken

OldPaint

you aint gona wear out the sp300!!!!!! i know NOTHING BUT ROLANDS.........and i aint wore one out yet!!!
PNC-1000, 1992 i got a used one for $1600. kept till 2000-01. got a PNC-1100 on ebay for $1000. sold the PNC-1000 for $550. bought another PNC-1100 sorta buy accident, but had use for a 2nd one in the mobile shop, got it for $1100. now both PNC-1100's are sittin got a CX-300...SWEETEST MACHINE I EVER SEEN!!!
ROLAND DONT WEAR OUT...............

Ken

I guess I'm just lazy. I like the idea of my printer being loaded with print/cut material..and when I want to just cut vinyl I can switch the colored rolls in the 24 inch machine. That's been working for me.
But you could be getting good endorsement $ from Roland?
LOL
Ken

mladams7259

Rolands Rock. I have to agree with you Ken, I would definitely get another cutter instead of using the Versacamm for exclusive cutting.