• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Royal Sovereign or Seal?

daenterpri

Welp, our year old Royal Sovereign 1401 fried some of its wiring today, putting all of our production to a halt. New parts get here Friday. We are in the middle of doubling our production capacity with an added printer and cutter. Now I'm thinking a new laminator is needed. Can't have all our production from 2 printers stopped just because a laminator breaks in the future :(. I don't have a huge budget for a new one, but I'm looking at used on eBay. Are the previous generation Seal 62 Plus laminators better than a newer RS 1605? I'd love to get my hands on a new Seal Pro or even 62 Base, but my budget is around $5-$6k. Would an older Seal be better than a newer Royal Sovereign? They look real hefty.

Take a look at smoothfinish.net

The guy's name is Don Bahr. He specializes in refurbishing laminators. He may be able to help you fix your current one or get you a good deal on a used model that in good working order.

Good luck,
Chris

daenterpri

Ah, doing some research I found out that the older Seal 62 Plus machines only go 6ft per minute! That's way too slow for our shop.