• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Two Months Old Roland SP-540i

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We are looking for a demo printer to exhibit at SGIA 2012.

A three months old Roland SP-540 for sale, only used eco max ink, eight months warranty left through Roland, does not have take up reel, first owner. He showed me the receipt of this printer from a local Roland dealer. He's asking for $15,500.

Do you think it is a good deal?

HulkSmash

A three months old Roland SP-540 for sale, only used eco max ink, eight months warranty left through Roland, does not have take up reel, first owner. He showed me the receipt of this printer from a local Roland dealer. He's asking for $15,500.

New Epson Gs is 500 more brand new. 64"
Mimaki jv33 brand new. 15,300. 64"

Grimco has a 61" hp latex 2nd generation. 15,500. bigger, and better.

in short, no it's an awful deal.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Do it like they do on "Pawn Stars"
Call in an expert to look at it, once you have the appraised value offer him 1/3 of that.
Seems to work most of the time for those guys on TV.

wayne k
guam usa

2B

not a good deal, way too high for it.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Worked with both the SP and the VP 540

World of difference in the two machines as far as speed and detail quality. I wouldn't pay that much for an SP-540 when there are better machines in the same price range.

Malkin

We paid near that for a VP540 (crated & shipped & setup) that was also a dealer demo and had a 1 year warranty. This was also about 3.5 years ago.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We are a fan of Mutoh Valuejet. Print quality is great. Love it.

We checked out the latest two months old Roland SP-540i. Disappointment. Was it the machine that print < Valuejet or it is the owner that does not know how to dial in the printer.

What do you Roland owners say?

tomence

I would say operator error, they did not know how to use that printer. Also you are comparing DX4 vs DX5 printhead on the Mutoh.

rjssigns

It's a great deal for him. For you not so much.

Sounds like the classic salesman joke.
Salesman: At $15,500 that is a great deal!
Customer: That is not a great deal.
Salesman: It is for me.

inkmed

Not a good deal, offer is so high.
This offer more than a brand new Mimaki JV33 amount include freight.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Decided to move on to find a vs300 or 540. Had a ink conversion today. Our ink works great on dx7 print head off Roland VS series. pictures will come.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
You sure the VS series are using DX7 printheads. As far as i can tell they look like DX5.

Im sure on VS540 because I saw it in the morning. Had to flush the white and metallic ink out to convert dual cmy ink. 300, 640 should be the same. The cap top looks like a dx5 but it is more square.

tomence

Im sure on VS540 because I saw it in the morning. Had to flush the white and metallic ink out to convert dual cmy ink. 300, 640 should be the same. The cap top looks like a dx5 but it is more square.

Does this mean that this printhead that's on the VS is different than the one on the JV33 or are they both the same.