• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Versacamm

stonytoo

Hey guys, Ive been outsourcing the larger jobs that come along, and still will for some time. But I finally decided its time to pick up a machine, to do small one offs, etc, and found a few used ones that Im eyeing. Its either going to be a sp/vp300(i) or 540, depending on the deal.

Ill be taking a look at them next week, anyone have any pointers as to what I should be looking out for in a used machine? Ill be doing test prints/cuts prior to purchasing, is there anything else I should be watching out for?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

phototec

go with the 54"
I had a 300v once, and was limited to what i could produce due to the size.

Ever heard the saying , It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it?

Go with the 54" machine if it passes all your testing.

If your going to jump in, go all the way, not just up to your knees!

:rock-n-roll:

Sign Works

For some of us the 30" machine fits our needs quite nicely. You just have to take a good look at what you expect to do with the machine.

If you go with a Versacamm check the test print carefully, especially the black. I would also do some print, lam, cut testing to insure that the optical sensors are properly reading crop marks and that the cuts are lining up properly.

DizzyMarkus

I did my first print,lam,cut job lastnight-- anyone care to state their process for this? Im using VW. I know I need to get more blade force hehe

Not trying to hijack sorry if this is not the right way to ask.

Thank you,
Markus

stonytoo

Id probably go with a 30 unless I get a deal that I can pass up on a 54. A 30 should do nicely for now.

Any other weaknesses that the 300 is prone to I should look for?