Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Name Change

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sharp Images, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Sharp Images

Sharp Images Guest

I was using the name Sign-Solutions. I changed for two reasons, the first one being that there was already a sign-solutions registered here. The other reason was a job change, until recently I worked for a shop named Sign and Graphic Solutions.

I have gone into business for myself as Sharp Images. I am working out of my home for now with just one 24" plotter and I am looking for advice on what printer to buy. I am interested in something 36" -42" wide that has outdoor capabilities. I am familiar with the Mutoh line but would love to get feedback from all of the knowledgeable people here.

I would like to add that I am a newbie to this site, but certainly not the graphics-sign business. I have over 15 years in graphic design and production experience. Unlike my former employer who retired from the Telecom business and decided to open a sign shop!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Tags:
  2. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Welcome and enjoy your stay at signs101.

3. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    welcome

4. kevco

kevco Guest

Welcome and good luck in your new venture.

5. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

6. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Welcome! I have a Mutoh 48" I love it, I just should have gotten the 60"

7. justgraphics

justgraphics Member

Sep 23, 2004
    :Welcome: to :signs101:

8. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Using the same, 48" Mutoh. Great printer. Must say, it’s more printer than I expected, but, we have out grown it and are looking to add a bigger/faster printer (JV5). Now, you said 36"-42", what’s more important is how much printer can you afford? The Roland 30" print/cut is $15K, and the Mutoh 48" print only is $13K. If you can step up a little, the Roland 54" print and cut and the Mimaki 54" JV3 are both $19K. The Roland is easer to use and the Mimaki is a work horse. But really, you really want to go as big as you can afford. If you can only afford a 30" printer, great. If you can swing a 54" printer, and you still buy the 30", your shooting yourself in the foot. For every 2X6 banner printed, we print 20 banners 36" and wider.

9. JMDigital

JMDigital Active Member

Oct 15, 2005
    I have to agree.. Wide is good.. you never expect to say "If I only had the 54" this would be easy!" If you have a cutter with optical reg. spend the exta $$$ on a wider printer, then any print/cut jobs can go into the cutter.. (unless its not wide enough).. The first sign you should hang up on your wall should say..

" There is allways one more thing to buy" :Big Laugh

GOOD LUCK!!