• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Users with GR-640

sheitmar

Specifically for a GR-640 using a third party rip such as Onyx and Flexi. Can't confirm 100% but I am thinking there is a bug in the firmware - seems that the rotation of the cutter is out 90 degrees.

In Onyx I have to turn on the 90 degree option in the cutter itself, and the cutter acts like normal after the fact.

Trying to get it to work on my customer's Flexi though is a different situation.. For a print / cut job, I can get Flexi to behave normally after turning on the 90 degree option on the cutter. "Rotate image 90 degrees" has to also be turned on in the Cut settings in the RIP & Print or GR-640 will still look for registration marks in the wrong location. Leaving the settings like would be fine except for the fact that this only fixes a print / cut situation, and not cut only. There isn't a "rotate image 90 degrees" in the Cut only options where I'm outputting directly to cutter. The actual media width shows up as length, and the cut file cuts 90 degrees out.

So basically I can take the same file, print it, move it to the cutter, have the GR-640 read the marks and with the settings I detailed above I can get the cutter to correctly cut out the image. However, taking that same file that I then send straight to the cutter for cutting will result in it being cut 90 degrees out.

Assuming a bug but I can't see anyone else talking about this problem. Not a coincidence it's happening on two different RIP software. Just curious if others have come across this before.

FWIW, Versaworks Dual makes the GR-640 work just fine. But the customer's XF-640 isn't compatible with Dual so we need to go through Flexi.