• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Using a GFP 363 TH ; What causes this?

hhg98

Hi All,
The company I work for uses a GFP 363 TH. We've had it a little over a year now and I am still getting used to it's quirks. What causes this wave pattern and how do I prevent it?

Attachments

• 20241015_082209.jpg
    20241015_082209.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
The other thing that most people don't know on a GFP is there is a clutch on the release liner take-up. If that is tweaked too high, then the release liner takeup will spin faster than the rollers and cause the laminate to release from the liner way back at the supply shaft.....the result is lots of wrinkles which, in turn, people will then add too much tension to the supply roll. Less is more. The release liner should separate from the laminate on top of the main roller. If you get it to separate there, then you won't need to add any tension.

hhg98

The other thing that most people don't know on a GFP is there is a clutch on the release liner take-up. If that is tweaked too high, then the release liner takeup will spin faster than the rollers and cause the laminate to release from the liner way back at the supply shaft.....the result is lots of wrinkles which, in turn, people will then add too much tension to the supply roll. Less is more. The release liner should separate from the laminate on top of the main roller. If you get it to separate there, then you won't need to add any tension.
Ok. I will try loosening that up. Right now, it separates much further towards the actual laminate roll.