Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a Vinyl Express Plotter w/ Corel Draw

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Signworks of Algoma, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Signworks of Algoma

Signworks of Algoma Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Algoma, WI
    Has anybody successfully used a Sign Warehouse 24" Vinyl Express Lynx plotter with Corel Draw. I would assume there has got to be a plug in.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    If there is a windows drive for it no problem, just use the print feature and choose it as your printer.

3. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Ask OP,

he's been doing that parallel on Rolands for a million years.

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    One step above the cricut!!!

5. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    http://www.signtools4.com/
    http://www.signcutpro.com/

I've seen these two before, never tried it though.

6. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    call 1-800-699-5512 with ANY computer problem you may have.

7. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    @mosh. just got my gf a cricut (12") for her collage work! it's grandma friendly! but i still had to help her get started.

8. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Well at least she stands a chance... with you. Keep her prices up Bud. "grandma friendly" LOL

9. Signworks of Algoma

Sep 6, 2005
    Algoma, WI
    Mosh, how is business? Work up to the eyeballs but still have time to post worthless, opinions........awesome.
    My goal here was to get valued information from valued profesionals. It never fails that you get b******t spew from punks like you, you just felt it was necessary to turn it into a contest. Yeah, I'm on a rant....you struck a nerve. Yup, keep it up, Mosh. Stay on the path your taking, cuz you are doomed for failure.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  10. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    You go Scott!

I'd like to know about cutting directly from Corel X4 to my Desay Master plotter. (I don't have a Roland like OP) Can it be done? I looked at printing from Corel but the plotter is not listed in the printer dialogue.

11. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Signmeup the first thing you need is a windows drive, then you need to install the plotter in the window printer in control panel, then it will show up in Corel under printers. The disadvantage to this is you do not get a preview like in bridge programs. Also remember to set your page size to material size.

12. Signworks of Algoma

Sep 6, 2005
    Algoma, WI
    I guess that leads me to ask, is it worth my time to migrate to Corel Draw. I'm just weighing out the alternatives to FlexiSign types of programs, which I am running now. I fugured Corel could add a little flexibility. But without a bridge program to separate out layers and such, that makes things more difficult. I am a vinyl cutter primarily.

13. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    i would recommend keeping Flexi in your case.

14. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Since the Vinyl Exoress is better then ..Endura Cut which I have (stepper motor) alot cheaper but works ,.... and very glad I could even afford that, besides mostly get request for hand painted work, very little vinyl.

But I to would like to cut from Coreldraw X3, since this VE LXi 8.6v1 software used for cutting is way basic and not sure if I can import files from Corel to cut.

so same question ?

Bash all ya want ... I'm just glad to be alive, and have what little I have and a skill that I was taught correctly not only that I enjoy it and will be hand crafting what ever till I'm in the ground.

15. Signworks of Algoma

Sep 6, 2005
    Algoma, WI
    Thanks for the reply, Craig. I may have blown up but Mosh's comment, which is based on his limited knowledge, just set me off. There is nothing wrong with my plotter. I have had it for over 7, that's right, 7 years and other than one of the axis servo motor failing, it has not let me down.

16. stickerman68

stickerman68 New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    i hear ya...:thumb: and i understand

17. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Don't let the plotter snobs get you down. I have work in Signcraft magazine that was made with the help of my Desay Master plotter.

BTW I use Flexi starter (sells for 99 bucks) to use as my bridge software. I copy what I want in Corel and paste into Flexi. Works every time.
    Reason I asked is Windows 7 doesn't seem to like my verxsion of flexi so I thought I would explore my options. (I haven't tried very hard with the Flexi/windows 7 problem yet.... it can probably be solved but it wouldn't hurt to have a second option.)

18. 2 see signz

2 see signz Member

Jun 19, 2010
    i got signtools 4 a few days ago because i could think of nothing better than cutting straight from corel x5.... since its been installed i used it once...its easier to work in x5 then transfer it to my cutting software

19. 2 see signz

2 see signz Member

Jun 19, 2010
    BTW theres a 30 trial for it if anyone wanted to try for them self