• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using a Vinyl Express Plotter w/ Corel Draw

Has anybody successfully used a Sign Warehouse 24" Vinyl Express Lynx plotter with Corel Draw. I would assume there has got to be a plug in.

Thanks

signage

If there is a windows drive for it no problem, just use the print feature and choose it as your printer.

artbot

@mosh. just got my gf a cricut (12") for her collage work! it's grandma friendly! but i still had to help her get started.

Mosh, how is business? Work up to the eyeballs but still have time to post worthless, opinions........awesome.
My goal here was to get valued information from valued profesionals. It never fails that you get b******t spew from punks like you, you just felt it was necessary to turn it into a contest. Yeah, I'm on a rant....you struck a nerve. Yup, keep it up, Mosh. Stay on the path your taking, cuz you are doomed for failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

signmeup

You go Scott!

I'd like to know about cutting directly from Corel X4 to my Desay Master plotter. (I don't have a Roland like OP) Can it be done? I looked at printing from Corel but the plotter is not listed in the printer dialogue.

signage

Signmeup the first thing you need is a windows drive, then you need to install the plotter in the window printer in control panel, then it will show up in Corel under printers. The disadvantage to this is you do not get a preview like in bridge programs. Also remember to set your page size to material size.

I guess that leads me to ask, is it worth my time to migrate to Corel Draw. I'm just weighing out the alternatives to FlexiSign types of programs, which I am running now. I fugured Corel could add a little flexibility. But without a bridge program to separate out layers and such, that makes things more difficult. I am a vinyl cutter primarily.

AUTO-FX

I guess that leads me to ask, is it worth my time to migrate to Corel Draw. I'm just weighing out the alternatives to FlexiSign types of programs, which I am running now. I fugured Corel could add a little flexibility. But without a bridge program to separate out layers and such, that makes things more difficult. I am a vinyl cutter primarily.

i would recommend keeping Flexi in your case.

Craig Sjoquist

Since the Vinyl Exoress is better then ..Endura Cut which I have (stepper motor) alot cheaper but works ,.... and very glad I could even afford that, besides mostly get request for hand painted work, very little vinyl.

But I to would like to cut from Coreldraw X3, since this VE LXi 8.6v1 software used for cutting is way basic and not sure if I can import files from Corel to cut.

so same question ?

Bash all ya want ... I'm just glad to be alive, and have what little I have and a skill that I was taught correctly not only that I enjoy it and will be hand crafting what ever till I'm in the ground.

Thanks for the reply, Craig. I may have blown up but Mosh's comment, which is based on his limited knowledge, just set me off. There is nothing wrong with my plotter. I have had it for over 7, that's right, 7 years and other than one of the axis servo motor failing, it has not let me down.

signmeup

Thanks for the reply, Craig. I may have blown up but Mosh's comment, which is based on his limited knowledge, just set me off. There is nothing wrong with my plotter. I have had it for over 7, that's right, 7 years and other than one of the axis servo motor failing, it has not let me down.
Don't let the plotter snobs get you down. I have work in Signcraft magazine that was made with the help of my Desay Master plotter.

BTW I use Flexi starter (sells for 99 bucks) to use as my bridge software. I copy what I want in Corel and paste into Flexi. Works every time.
Reason I asked is Windows 7 doesn't seem to like my verxsion of flexi so I thought I would explore my options. (I haven't tried very hard with the Flexi/windows 7 problem yet.... it can probably be solved but it wouldn't hurt to have a second option.)

2 see signz

i got signtools 4 a few days ago because i could think of nothing better than cutting straight from corel x5.... since its been installed i used it once...its easier to work in x5 then transfer it to my cutting software