• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using ARMS Vinyl Express Q100 - problems

AUTO-FX

Hey everybody, thought i should post this up in case anyone else has this issue. I run a Vinyl Express Q100 - aka Graphtec FC7000-100 with ARMS. Yesterday i sent a contour cut job to the plotter and the laser pointer would not light up. After checking all my settings it appeared to be a communication error.

After swapping out the serial cable it started working. Turns out, I had run my cable along side a power outlet / surge protector and this causes interference in the cable. Moved the cable - problem solved.

related note: i called Signwarehouse for tech support, and while i did have to wait a couple hours for a call back, their tech- Ron - was extremely helpful,informative, and offered to go out of his way on his own time to help me. Kudos to Ron