• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Cleaning Cartridges on SP-540V

jeff412

I just purchased a used SP-540V. I am new to solvent printing. I have used the HP large format water based printers. When I purchased the printer it was showing signs of banding, but I had seen this on my HP, so I thought I would be able to correct it through settings. Anyway, I've learned a lot since then. My test print shows the cyan, magenta and yellow to be very good, but the black is fuzzy with the nozzles being redirected and a few dropouts. I've tried medium cleans, powerful cleans, and soaking the heads in the captops. Nothing seems to work. I have ordered some cleaning cartridges, hoping that may be the solution.

Does anyone have any experience using them? Will they help? If so, what is the process to use them? I can't find it anywhere.

Jeff

Robert M

Cleaning carts

Rather then flushing out all the inks, just pull the cleaning solution through the black side of the print head. Put the cleaning cart in the black slot, find the tube coming off the left cap top, hook up a syringe and pull cleaning solution down. PM me your email and I'll send a tech manual

jeff412

Rather then flushing out all the inks, just pull the cleaning solution through the black side of the print head. Put the cleaning cart in the black slot, find the tube coming off the left cap top, hook up a syringe and pull cleaning solution down. PM me your email and I'll send a tech manual

Thanks, PM sent.

Jeff

jeff412

What type of syringe should I use? Is there some special ink sucking syringe? Where do I get one?

Jeff

jeff412

I didn't have a syringe small enough, so I went ahead and did the head wash. I followed the instructions on the screen and when I guess it was done it shut down. I turned it back on and loaded the ink cartridges. It says "filling ink" then says "canceled for protecting motor". I read another post that said to turn it off and let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then try again. I tried that and it stills says the same thing. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough? It's been about 30 minutes now. Any ideas?

Jeff

jeff412

Ok. After about an hour it quit saying "canceled for protecting motor". Going through the ink filling process. Man I hope it works.

jeff412

Its coming a flood right now with lots of lightning. I'm going to have to wait a little while for this to clear up. I unplugged the machine for now.

jeff412

finally got ink flowing again. It took the syringe to do it. However, now the black is worse than it was. I guess this synches it. I'm buying a new head. Wasted no telling how much on ink and cleaning cartridges to still have to spend the $ on the head. Anyone ever changed one? My nearest service center is in Houston, but that's 2 1/2 hours away.

Jeff

jeff412

I was going to change the cap tops, but I'm getting service mode protected. How do I fix that? Can someone PM me?

Jeff