Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using Cursive Font for vinyl Lettering

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by demGraphix_n-design, Jul 19, 2005.

1. demGraphix_n-design

demGraphix_n-design Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Hey guys,

Has anyone ever use a cursive font for vinyl Lettering? I have a job that is 2 1/2 inches in height and about 12 letters long.

What is a good cursive font for weeding?

thanks again
    sherry

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    You can find good cursive, or script fonts they're usually referred as, at www.signfonts.com.

There is a banner link at the bottom of the page.

George

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Several times a day Sherry.

There are lots of scripts from which to choose. I love SignFonts collection along with any number of other scripts I have in my archives. I keep 617 of them on my file server for easy access. They are also shown, 40 to a page, on my website HERE.

4. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Scripts are my favorite!! I won some from Dave at signDNA fonts....there are many to chose from on the free font sites too.

5. demGraphix_n-design

Jun 1, 2005
    fred you stated "Several times a day Sherry."" :help:

I will print your fonts out andlet him pick what cursive font he wants..

The question I had was "which Cursive Font weeds better"

Thanks again
    sherry

6. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    any 2.5 inch script should weed ok. You just have to try for yourself Sherry. Some are harder than others, but then some are more beautiful than others and worth the extra time.

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Here are some favorites. Pretty much any script will cut and weed at 2.5" cap height. You haven't mentioned what software you use or font collections you have available, which would help in making a recommendation.

I try to avoid using commonly available and over used fonts in general. In the area of scripts, that would include:

Brush Script
    Brody (also known as Brophy) Script
    Rage italic

Attached Files:

8. demGraphix_n-design

Jun 1, 2005
    Thank you..I have a customer who is really into "himself" and wants his name on all of his business equipment and outside equipment. I guess it is a sense of "OWNERSIP"

thanks again
    sherry

9. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Do not forget to "weld" the script fonts otherwise they will cut into each other. I use Flexi so go to effects/combine/weld. Scripts are real nice and always add that elegant look to signage.