• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using downloadable brochures on your website.

jkdbjj

So, I am adding a series of downloadable brochures to my website. I have already had nice response of downloads.

It seems people still enjoy having something to print out and pass around, and I don't have to spend money on printing them myself.

Maybe this advice will help others out with marketing.

To see a sample of how I am displaying them on the website off to the right of the page, you can click here:
http://www.vivisual.com/pages/vehicles-wraps-charlotte-nc

Or, you can just click right on one of the PDF's:
http://www.vivisual.com/files/Visual_Impact_Flyer_Design_03.pdf

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Nice website very clean looking same with the brochures did you create the graphics yourself?

Anything that people can download and pass around is always good for business.

jkdbjj

The website, I created myself. The logo I did not. The brochures I hired someone to rework some older brochures of mine.

The site has created a problem of too much business for me. I mean don't get me wrong, I will take that problem, but I am being honest about not managing the inflow to well. I am trying to avoid negative reviews etc... So I am having to work quite long hours to keep up.

I run the business by myself right now, and I did a little over 60k on the last 3 weeks. That is more than I did in 5 months last year. So, I need to learn how to hire the right helper or two so I can function better.

I don't have many friends on this website at this time, or I would ask for advice here. As it is, I am just talking with other local business owners about these issues.

Best advice I have gotten so far, is to identify the bottleneck and work from there.

Thanks for the compliments.

phototec

WOW, very nice website, really easy on the eye and information is laid out nicely!

I think you have a great idea with the down-loadable PDF flyer's, not only is the info provided to your customers, but they pay for the print out, good work.

Ok, you say you built your own wed-site, that's great, can you give us some info into how you did it and what software application you used?

Thanks for the info...

:goodpost: :thankyou: :thumb: :notworthy: :rock-n-roll:

signswi

Really solid marketing. I know of 10 person shops that would kill for 60k/month right now. Good web presence isn't an option anymore, it's do or die. You've stepped up, great job.

jkdbjj

Thanks all.

@ Phototec I am using a CMS program that allows for automated CSS programming or manual coding. So if one were interested they could use the automated features to start with, but eventually you need a custom look so you venture out into the manual processes. It was really awkward at first, but I got the hang of it after a while. It is quite a unique program.

If you want to take a stab at it, I can PM you the info for the program.

I know this is going to sound a little retarded, but I have been talking to my wife about reaching out to other sign companies outside my region and offering to do for them what I did for my company, at a fraction of the cost of advertising agencies. Anyway, it is a business model I am working on in all that spare time I have.

I figure eventually the web might not be what it is today, but for now it does drive business in and seems to be working.

jkdbjj

What kind of signs did you make to make 60k in 3 weeks?

I was wondering the same when you are one man operation.
I brokered some very large signs to a new company in my area. I used a company that wholesales in Channel Letters, that I actually met through Signs101 now that I think of it.

While that project was going on, my regular customer is remodeling a large store full of graphics, and I am actually hiring a contractor from Signs101 to help install that in a couple days.

Than this tournament for a bike race I do each year requires about 90 signs in a couple days, and it is a mixture of banners and signs. Then just a pile of other work that came through the website that is new business. I am literally drowning right now, which of course is great money, but seriously taxing my health.

It is my wife's birthday today so I took a break a bit today, and now am relaxing on here for a few minutes.

If business stayed like this, I would simply have to turn work away if they couldn't wait, or I have to hire, and I am not sure I want to oversee employees at this time.

As a matter of fact, a retirement community, the largest in the country I understand contact me and I met with them last week to possible work on many of their locations upfitting with lifestyle graphics. I have no idea how I am going to pull that off, but that is the kind of stuff the website is bringing in.

Definitely not the norm for me, and I don't claim it is.

J

john1

I don't even gross that in a year, This thread makes me sad lol

Keep on keepin on!

jkdbjj

I don't even gross that in a year, This thread makes me sad lol

Keep on keepin on!
I kinda felt that way when I read the post from one of the merchants on here posting how they are printing a few million square foot on a single project. I simply can't fathom that. I doubt I will ever fathom that, but I am grateful for what I have at the moment, for sure.

Pat Whatley

Love the idea of downloadable brochures. I use them from vendors all the time.

Site looks great, the main thing that just SCREAMED at me was your logo. You went through hell over your logo on this site, manned up and dealt with the heat....then abandoned it? Come on man....do you just like abuse?

jkdbjj

Love the idea of downloadable brochures. I use them from vendors all the time.

Site looks great, the main thing that just SCREAMED at me was your logo. You went through hell over your logo on this site, manned up and dealt with the heat....then abandoned it? Come on man....do you just like abuse?
Thanks Pat.

On the logo, I am just a perfectionist unfortunately. I got negative reviews all around on that logo, so I knew I had to go a new direction regardless. I hired a new company, and gave some feedback and ended up with something that I really liked.

I'm glad there is a decent bunch of people here.

Pat Whatley

Thanks Pat.

On the logo, I am just a perfectionist unfortunately. I got negative reviews all around on that logo, so I knew I had to go a new direction regardless. I hired a new company, and gave some feedback and ended up with something that I really liked.

I'm glad there is a decent bunch of people here.

The new logo really is an improvement. It's got a more "corporate" look to it, so does the website. Nice work.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
The best sign website I have seen posted on here. I'm sure there are beter, but none from the "look at my wesite, I designed it myself" camp....

SD&F

I get requests for hard copies and have not done it due to our website. I may need to look into because yours is really nice.

jkdbjj

The new logo really is an improvement. It's got a more "corporate" look to it, so does the website. Nice work.

The best sign website I have seen posted on here. I'm sure there are beter, but none from the "look at my wesite, I designed it myself" camp....

I get requests for hard copies and have not done it due to our website. I may need to look into because yours is really nice.
Thanks everyone. If anyone needs an extra set of eyes on theirs, by all means I am willing to help if I am able.