• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Flexi 10 with large graphics files.

graywoulf

I am trying to create basically a wrap for a 13.5' X 7' trailer which is involving using graphics downloaded from the net. While I realize that there is nothing I can do to really clean up some of the graphics I have managed to find and use a lot of acceptable graphics. Now my biggest problem is a background picture which measures 166.0" X 87.0". This picture was downloaded from the net in .jpg and .bmp formats and it's original resolution was 1900X1200 ppi. when saved to my PC but when I import it into Flexi 10, it reduces it to 96X96 ppi which makes it mostly useless when enlarged to the 166" X 87" as far as printing goes. Could someone please tell me how to work around this as I really would like to assemble this large print in Flexi if at all possible. Thanks!!!

CS-SignSupply

If you import the file and then resize it to 166"x87", your image settings will change. Image 1

If imported and left at original size, the ppi should remain as designed. image 2

Attachments

• 300ppi_1.jpg
    300ppi_1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 300ppi_2.jpg
    300ppi_2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 114

graywoulf

Hmmm, I see...

Thanks Bobby for the information. I guess that what I need then is a background picture with high enough original resolution to print the large picture without any pixelation or jpeg artifacts in the first place. I had enlarged the picture in Photoshop but then it seemed that the file was too large for Flexi to work with or even save. I also realized that I was mistaking the original size ppi for the resolution or actual printing size which was importing into Flexi at 20.0" X 12.5" at the ppi of 96 X 96. I was just thinking that Flexi was changing something in the files attributes when I imported the files. Well, back to the Google image search pages.

Thanks again!!

graywoulf

A link to the pic.

I found it in Google images but I did not save the location. I will look for it and post it when I find it. Thanks!

graywoulf

Found the image.

Here is the image in question. However, my original Google find yielded a slightly higher resolution version than this but still the same image. I don't know what you have in mind to do with it but I am interested in hearing about your results. Thanks again.

Drip Dry

You shouldn't be trying to use an image from Google. Remember, you get what you pay for. Since your not paying for from Google, you shouldn't expect to get much.

Consider searching for a similar image from one of the pay sites such as http://www.dreamstime.com
Most images cost under 25.00 for a high resolution image.