• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Flexi with Epilog laser engraver

CountyDown

Hi everyone,

We have been using Flexi successfully with a Universal laser for many years, however a recent purchase of an Epilog laser is creating problems. We don't want to change from Flexi, even though Corel has been recommended by Epilog.

All cutting is going well, and the software etc is very similar so the operator isnt having any problems....except one.

We are laser cutting a rowmark piece, and the font is cutting with 'bellies' where there are none, ie, instead of a straight line we are getting a curve in the line. I outlined the font, sent it again and it was ok, but then when I tried again a few minutes later, even the outlined font cut with these curved lines. It seems random, one minute cutting the font fine, then cutting it wrong.

I did test the font on the Universal, and it was fine both as font and outlines.

Epilog have been of no help so far, hinting that the blame may be with Flexi...? 20170104_161155.jpg

Last edited:

rossmosh

You need to rule out the machine. This means running tests. I'd use MS Work and Inkscape to do some tests. If you can replicate the issue with either of those programs then you need to talk to Epilog about it being a hardware issue.