• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using FlexiStarter with Summa DC4sx

garisimo

Is it possible to use FlexiStarter or any of the Flexi products to run the DC4sx (or any other RIP for that matter)? ColorControl is pretty bare bones in many respects, including no preview...

thx!

-g-

FrankW

FlexiSTARTER is just for cutting, have no integrated RIP ... you need FlexiSIGN-PRO for running the DC4sx.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Flexi Starter is not a RIP. Basically it's a barebones cutter driver. Just checked our FlexiSign Pro and the DC3, DC4, and DC4sx are all supported with it. Jhill mentioned Omega which I think is a Gerber product, I know Omega works great with Gerber Edges and whatever the big foil printer they used to make was. No idea if Omega works with other brand printers as well.

CS-SignSupply-TT

RIP for Summa DC4sx

Is it possible to use FlexiStarter or any of the Flexi products to run the DC4sx (or any other RIP for that matter)? ColorControl is pretty bare bones in many respects, including no preview...

thx!

-g-

G!, CiberSupply is happy to discuss your FLEXI options to drive your Summa DC4sx. Besides ColorControl, what other software are you using?

garisimo

We're pushing design through Adobe CS (5 and 6); the Summa DC4sx is run by ColorControl, the vinyl cutter (another Summa) is being run by FlexiStarter -- what's the minimum Flexi version (and cost) required to run the DC4sx -- and can it run two DC4 machines?

thanks!!

-g-

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd suggest the full FlexiSign Pro for what you have. It will drive multiple machines including the printers and cutters with a very nice print/cut workflow.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Flexi Family of solutions!

I'd suggest the full FlexiSign Pro for what you have. It will drive multiple machines including the printers and cutters with a very nice print/cut workflow.

Sightline, thank you for the recommendation. Here is what I have learned about a NON FlexiPro solution. If he is using Illustrator for design, he can get FlexiSIGN-PlusPrint 10.5.1 and import/output files to the Summa cutter and DC4Sx.

If the DC4sx connects via USB, I think he can only run one. At least that is the issue I had years ago.

Garisimo, here is my BIG question, how many devices do you need to run and how are they connected to the computer?

garisimo

Thanks for the reply -- eventually we will be running a DC4 and the DC4sx -- I wasn't thinking we would run them from the same machine, but would like to know if that is possible. We also have one of the vinyl cutters and might want to run it along-side one of the DC4s.

-g-

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
With Pro you definitley can. We have FlexiSign Pro, the computer with Production Manager has the following all connected to it, setup in Flexi, and all works. Mimaki JV33-160, Epson Stylus Pro 9500, Summa S160T, Gerber Edge and probably soon another cutter.