• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Heatpress to Hem Banners

g&eprinting

Try it IT WORKS !!!

High temp around 300 and only around 5 seconds
Will vary on different materials...

Play with temp and time on your material.

edit; Use teflon or heat shield paper.
The paper is better.

Last edited:

g&eprinting

I had that hmmmmm moment when I was about to buy a hemmer and was thinking of ways to make my own and look to the side and theres my freaking heatpress staring at me.

I tried lower temps and longer times does not work. Pretends to melt it but you can pull it apart.

g&eprinting

5 seconds every 20 inches for me turn up the heat and you could just press for 2 seconds and move on.

Just a quick solution for me instead of buying a 1200 dollar hemmer thats only 24 inches anyways

I'm not saying buy a heatpress just for this. I already had one just added another perk to it.

Looks way better than sewing.

aha!creative

I have had problems in the past with the durability of heat welded banners. For some reason, then tend to gt brittle right at the hem when they are heat welded and rip right at that line. Just a heads up...

g&eprinting

Yes you can destroy it too and dirty the heatpress
Forgot to mention use a teflon sheet or heat shield paper.
The paper works better.

Practice with scraps to get YOUR time and temp correct

rjssigns

I have had problems in the past with the durability of heat welded banners. For some reason, then tend to gt brittle right at the hem when they are heat welded and rip right at that line. Just a heads up...

Thanks for the FYI. A lot of the times the banners are not used for very long so heat welding could be used for those.