• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using IPad in the field.

jmb474

Was thinking of getting an ipad2 for use when im meeting with customers. is there a way i can input a version of my current paper workorder and use a stylus to write in information rather than having to carry a paper workorder?

Malkin

oh man, that would be great! I'm sure it would be easy to figure out.

I have always wanted a device that could take a digital photo, then allow me to make notes on it. It would come in so handy doing site surveys. Ipad seems to be the right tool for the job.

WildWestDesigns

Targus has a stylus out now for the iPad and Wacom is coming out with one in May. As to the software end of it, I don't know why not, but I'm not up on all of the apps out there.

SignManiac

Notes Plus is an iPad app I have and I also use a capacitive touch stylus to write and draw with. The iPad is quite handy to have on the road or out in the field.

My measures is an app that let's you take a photo and then write your measurements directly on the photo.

thesignexpert

I use the Penultimate app with my ipad2. You can sketch with your finger or get a capacitive stylus from Best Buy for $20 which is much nicer overall. ...multiple colors, line weight etc and you can email the notes, survey etc right out.

I heading to the app store to look up My Measures!

petesign

I wonder if an android tablet has the same things? I use tmobile and have a jailbroken iphone, so my data rate sucks if I tether (no 3g on jailbroken iphones on tmobile) - and 3g on the ipad isnt an option.. and wifi is only available in some spots.

I love the idea of going out in the field, taking pictures, making notes with the stylus, generating a quote and emailing it down the line all right there.. awesome.

showcase 66

I love mine. I made my own stylus because the two others I bought didn't seem to have the best control when drawing.

I have been able to open pretty much all my excel files. Not all the functions that are used in excel can be transferred but makes things a lot easier for me. Anything to keep me organized is a good thing.

A friend of mine that works for blackberry has told me not to look at there tablet yet. They need to fix a lot of bugs in it. The android tabs are sup post to support flash which would be nice but from what my buddy said most flash is not working except for all the ads on there websites.