• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using just CMYK Color... possible?

jwk007

I have Soljet Pro II machine.
As everybody knows that roland make the print with 6 colors instead of CMYK. There are two more colors called light magenta and light cyan. If those two colors are malfunctioned is it possible to make full color print by using only CMYK? Dose anyone knows aobut that or any idea? Please let me know. (the certified Tech from the local dealer have been trying to fix but no luck so far. Entire reparing cost is getting higher and higher and I do not know that I should trust them at this time. That's why I am looking for the alternative way.)

J Hill Designs

depending on your rip - mine (flexi) can go cmyk or cmyklclm (in fact I run CMYK at the moment on my OCE CS6060 because my Lc head is kaput and I don't want to change it out at the moment)

cgsigns_jamie

I don't know about the Pro2 but...

When you go 4 color only on the Pro3 machines you have a CCMMYK ink set. So you'd still need a Magenta cartridge in the Light Magenta slot, and a Cyan cartridge in the Light Cyan slot.

It's not like you can just remove the LC and LM cartridges and the printer keeps going.

jwk007

My Problem is LC LM is not firing inks.
Is there any setting that I can control not using those inks?
Does FLEXI has that setting?
Thanks

J Hill Designs

yeah I do need carts in them, just dont use them because of the Lc issue...flexi prod manager the change is in job properties, color management tab

Typestries

it's entirely doable, directions vary based on your rip and the version you have.

But, if you switch from 6 color to 4 color and want predictable output, you either need to get your hands on a 4 color profile or make a 4 color profile.

many folks run 6 color machines in 4 color mode for various reasons including yours.

maynemag

So if you change to 4 color mode and your printer still works with all colors to save money on ink, what would you do with the other cartridges? Does changing this option in Flexi make the other two channels inoperable? Could you fill those cartridges with water? cleaning solution? How would the printer see it if it was empty?