Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Laser with Flexi

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by fotofx, Aug 11, 2019.

1. fotofx

fotofx New Member

Jun 30, 2019
    South Florida
    I have a Boss Laser and I want to add it as a (printer/cutter/engraver) to Flexi. Has anyone had any success? What profile in Flexi? I know I can go from Corel to it so there must be a way.

2. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    Try FlexiENGRAVE version.

3. fotofx

fotofx New Member

Jun 30, 2019
    South Florida
    Hmmm. Looks like it is not part of Sai or Flexi but a separate program based on Flexi??

4. rossmosh

rossmosh Active Member

Oct 9, 2014
    New Jersey
    Chinese lasers typically go: Design Software -> Laser Software -> Laser.

So you should absolutely be able to do your design work in Flexi (or any software really) and then import it into whatever Laser software Boss provides.

5. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    That guy mentions product was in Flexi version 8.1. With currently version it has Engraver option.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. Lasermike

Lasermike New Member

Jun 12, 2019
    Sanford FL
    You'll have do design in flexi then export it as a dxf file. That file can then be imported into the Boss Laser Works program. Laser Works has no feature to set it up as a printer driver.

7. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Boss uses Ruida controllers I believe, and Laserworks is the same as RDworks which I use. I design in Flexi and then send to the laser program as an .ai file and prep it from there. There is no bridge for Flexi like there is for Corel but it is not much of a problem for me. If you are just getting started with the Laser I would consider LightBurn softwarew which is far superior to RDworks.