• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Laser with Flexi

fotofx

I have a Boss Laser and I want to add it as a (printer/cutter/engraver) to Flexi. Has anyone had any success? What profile in Flexi? I know I can go from Corel to it so there must be a way.

rossmosh

Chinese lasers typically go: Design Software -> Laser Software -> Laser.

So you should absolutely be able to do your design work in Flexi (or any software really) and then import it into whatever Laser software Boss provides.

Lasermike

I have a Boss Laser and I want to add it as a (printer/cutter/engraver) to Flexi. Has anyone had any success? What profile in Flexi? I know I can go from Corel to it so there must be a way.

You'll have do design in flexi then export it as a dxf file. That file can then be imported into the Boss Laser Works program. Laser Works has no feature to set it up as a printer driver.

Gene@mpls

Boss uses Ruida controllers I believe, and Laserworks is the same as RDworks which I use. I design in Flexi and then send to the laser program as an .ai file and prep it from there. There is no bridge for Flexi like there is for Corel but it is not much of a problem for me. If you are just getting started with the Laser I would consider LightBurn softwarew which is far superior to RDworks.