• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using normal printed PSA on backlit

jman

Hey everyone,

I have a back lit sign I'm doing and the customer just changed up the specs a tiny bit and I was wondering a few things.

The change up is so small, a logo area about 12x12" where there's a series of interlocking loops and each are a different color. Originally they were all translucent blue like the business name so I had the material ordered but this change calls for 3 different colors and I was wondering can I just print these on white vinyl and cut to shape as long as it has clear adhesive? Such as the oracal 3164?

I believe you should be able to have light come through right?

Thanks guys

2B

yes, this material will allow light to come through, however you are mixing material and it will be seen in illumination value

assuming this is going onto white substrate? if so you are better off printing onto clear as this will not add another layer that the light has to go through

bigben

yes, this material will allow light to come through, however you are mixing material and it will be seen in illumination value

assuming this is going onto white substrate? if so you are better off printing onto clear as this will not add another layer that the light has to go through

Exactly what I would do.