• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Omega for Graphtec Plotter

I am running a CE5000-60 Graphtec plotter and outputting my data with Gerber Omega 4.0, I am having problems with creating registration targets in Omega that the Graphtec plotter will read.

Is anyone else using this setup? What is the best way to do this?

~Chris

Tony Teveris

In Print Options (F11)/Targets there is an option for “Graphtec Type 2” targets in the target type box. Is this what you are using for target options. You shouldn’t have to create his own.

Ya, I have tried that option. It prints the targets either too close together or only prints 2 out of 4 of the targets.

Is it possible to just draw your own targets for the graphtec to scan?

Tony Teveris

What is the size of your job?

If possible could you create a spool file (under the File menu in GspPlot) and email me the file. Make sure you select both print and cut data to be placed in the spool file. I want to look at the print / cut data.

You could also use the "Send File" option within GspPlot to email (not PERU) the files.

Ok, I figured it out. After playing around for a while with the "Top Limit" under target configuration I fixed the issue. You have to be sure that the top limit is near the size of your job area. At least thats what I figure my problem was.