• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using Onyx cut marks on Roland xc-540

Mdeleo3754

Production Manager
Hello. my roland xc-540 may have die its final death as far as being a printer, so we just use it as a plotter for now, and it works just fine for that. However, for Print and Cut jobs, I print on my HP Latex 360, and transfer it over to my roland xc-540 for cutting. U using Onyx Thrive 12.0, I select the cut mark 'Roland XC cutter' from Onyx drop down list and print it. I also have the roland added to my Onyx cut-Server. I can cut to the roland from onyx (the connection works and i can operate the machine from Onyx), however the roland does NOT read the cut marks printed by onyx. the marks look the same as they would if they were printed on the roland, and the roland even recognizes the first mark, and scrubs the sensor back and forth over it, but then after this it simply says 'marks not detected'. Has anyone ever tried to print roland cut marks from Onyx and have them read properly on the roalnd machine?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most likely your sensor is failing. The first thing to do is clean the sensor with rubbing alcohol. Most of the time there is just ink build up blocking the sensor. Other than that, you may just need to change the sensor.

asd

are you trying to cut from versaworks or onix? we print on an epson and cut with the versacamm using versaworks

Joe House

Most likely your sensor is failing. The first thing to do is clean the sensor with rubbing alcohol. Most of the time there is just ink build up blocking the sensor. Other than that, you may just need to change the sensor.
Or try adjusting the sensor level, but that can be tricky to get it to read the black from another printer. You would probably need to print a large black square and just let the printer think it was printing the black target before it goes to read the output level.

bsg

Mdeleo3754
Were you able to resolve this issue?
I too have a roland and a HP 360. Using the guides I've created a file which was sent to the Onyx Cut Server for cutting a CutCoutour marked area. The XC-540 has been identified as a cutter to the Cut Server and pings indicating a connection. (it is using port 515, filled in by the Cut Server vs. 9100 which was posted by another user as the preferred port (will not resolve in my case)).

I am having a different problem in that although the Onyx Cut Server can see my job, printer and cutlines, when the 'Cut Now' button is pushed nothing obvious happens but if you look closely, when the Cut Now button is pressed, you can see a very very brief flash of a green progress line, then nothing. The XC-540 does nothing and I don't know where the cut file is going/accumulating behind the scenes, looks to be going somewhere...

Thoughts? I'm stumped.

(Not a newbie, started in 2005.)